- 2 hrs ago Kia Seltos Twitter Hashtag On Launch Day Is A Hashflag, Not A Hashtag
- 2 hrs ago Kia Seltos Launched In India With Prices Starting At Rs 9.69 Lakh
- 3 hrs ago Kia Seltos Launch Highlights: Prices Start At Rs 9.69 lakh
- 3 hrs ago Hyundai Venue 1.5-Litre Diesel Engine Variant Launch Confirmed For Before BS-VI Deadline
- News Ratul Puri moves Delhi court to surrender in AgustaWestland case
- Movies Yash & Radhika Pandit Receive A Special Gift That'll Help Them Cherish Ayra's Baby Days Forever!
- Lifestyle Researchers Explore How Human Eye Perceives Brightness
- Finance DLF Shares Hit 52-Week Low After SC Issues Non-Disclosure Notice
- Technology Nokia 5G Arriving In 2020 Everything You Need To Know
- Sports Murray to make Challenger return at Rafa Nadal Open
- Education NTA Releases Exam Schedule For JEE Main NEET, UGC NET, CMAT, GPAT And DUET 2020
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
Yamaha Motors India has discontinued the R15S and the Fazer 150 in the country. The Japanese motorcycle company has stopped production of the two motorcycles while dealerships have stopped sales as well.
The Yamaha Fazer 150 has also been removed from the official brand website, however the R15S continues to be listed. Financial Express reports that both motorcycles have been discontinued temporarily, with a replacement coming soon.
Yamaha failed to update both the motorcycles with ABS, which was mandated from the 1st of April. Hence, there has been no sales of either of the two products in the last couple of months.
The Yamaha R15S was introduced in India as a more practical variant of the R15 in the Indian market. The R15S came with all the updates as on the R15 V2.0, yet carried forward the more practical and comfortable design from the first-generation model. This included the updated delta-box frame and the single-seat setup.
The Yamaha Fazer 150, on the other hand, was a semi-faired motorcycle offering from the brand. It was based on the more popular FZ variant from Yamaha. Both the R15S and the Fazer come powered by the same 149cc single-cylinder engine producing 16bhp and 15Nm of torque on the R15S and 13bhp and 12Nm of torque on the Fazer 150. Both came mated to a six-speed gearbox.
Comparing the R15S to the current generation R15 V3.0; the new motorcycle is powered by a 155cc single-cylinder liquid-cooled engine churning out 19.3bhp and 14.7Nm of torque. It is mated to a six-speed gearbox.
Both the discontinued motorcycles had been facing low sales for quite a while now. Both featured old engines, no significant updates and a rather outdated design. Yamaha has already introduced the Fazer-25 and the FZ-25 in the Indian market. While the 150cc segment saw the introduction of the MT-15 recently.
There is no confirmation currently regarding any plans from Yamaha regarding any update on the two motorcycles. If Yamaha does launch an updated version, the new R15S and the Fazer will benefit from a number of new updates while also receiving a ton of new equipment.
Thoughts On The Yamaha R15S And Fazer 150 Discontinuation
The Yamaha R15S and Fazer 150 discontinuation is mainly due to the low sales and the lack of updates it received. The company sold little to no unit of both the motorcycle in the Indian market, only making it easy to discontinue the models altogether. It will be interesting to see if and when Yamaha will bring any replacements to the two products.