- 3 hrs ago Ampere Electric Scooter Now Available Online Through Amazon In Selected Cities
- 5 hrs ago Bajaj Chetak Electric Scooter Unveiled In India: ‘Chetak’ Moniker Makes Its Comeback After 14 Years
- 5 hrs ago KTM Duke 790 Registers 41 Units Of Sales Within First 10 Days Of Launch
- 6 hrs ago UP Politician Attempts Using A Gun To Clear Traffic; Gets Roughed Up By The Public
- Sports India lacked mentality to beat Pakistan before Ganguly became captain: Shoaib Akhtar
- Movies Karthi Is Unable To Attend Telugu Promotions Of Kaithi Due To Sulthan's Shoot?
- Lifestyle Pati Patni Aur Woh Poster: Kartik Aaryan, Bhumi Pednekar And Ananya Panday Flaunt Chic Outfits
- News Mamata meets Nobel laureate Abhijit Banerjee's family in Kolkata
- Finance 5 New Changes Made To Health Insurance Policies
- Technology BSNL Users Will Get 4G, VoLTE Support; Will Replace 3G Soon
- Travel Kabini - A Land Beyond The Ordinary
- Education Why Is World Students' Day Celebrated On APJ Abdul Kalam's Birthday?
Yamaha Motors India has launched the 2019 YZF-R15 V3.0 with dual-channel ABS. The 2019 Yamaha R15 ABS edition comes with a starting price of Rs 1.39 lakh. The 2019 R15 V3.0 ABS now also available in a new colour option — Darknight (Black) and is priced at Rs 1.41 lakh. Both prices are ex-showroom (Delhi).
The Yamaha R15 V3.0 was first launched at the 2018 Auto Expo and has acquired an enormous following in the market, especially in the 150cc entry-level sports bike segment. Yamaha has also announced that the R15 V3.0 sales in the first year were double their targeted projection.
The Yamaha R15 V3.0 is the first 150cc motorcycle to receive a dual-channel ABS (Anti-Lock Braking System). The motorcycle was previously available in two colour choices: Thunder Grey and Racing Blue. However, Yamaha has now added a new colour to the R15 range, called the Darknight (for an additional price, as mentioned before).
Apart from the additional colour and the dual-channel ABS, the R15 remains otherwise unchanged. The motorcycle continues to be powered by a 155cc single-cylinder liquid-cooled engine producing 19.3bhp and 14.7Nm of torque. The R15 also comes with assist and Slipper-clutch as standard.
The Yamaha R15 V3.0 uses telescopic front forks and swingarm rear suspension. Braking is handled by 282mm front and 220mm rear discs, now supported by dual-channel ABS.
In terms of features, the R15 V3.0 comes with design cues borrowed from its larger litre class sibling, the R1. It also features slipper-clutch, fully-digital instrument cluster, gear-shift timing light and LED headlamps and tail lights as standard.
Motofumi Shitara, Chairman, Yamaha Motor India, stated, "A brand known for leading generations of stylish ride through improved technologies, Yamaha has now engineered to implement a dual channel ABS to the YZF-R15 Version 3.0. The initiative to offer dual-channel ABS in YZF-R15 Version 3.0 has endowed Yamaha as the trendsetter in the 150 cc class, by introducing it for the first time in the particular segment."
Thoughts On The Yamaha R15 V3.0 ABS Launched In India
The 2019 Yamaha YZF-R15 V3.0 ABS is the first motorcycle in the 150cc segment to feature a dual-channel ABS system. The R15 V3.0 ABS rivals the likes of the Suzuki Gixxer SF, TVS Apache RTR 160 and Bajaj Pulsar NS160 in the Indian market.