- 48 min ago High Note Performance To Import S&S Exhausts For Royal Enfield 650 Twins
- 1 hr ago Mahindra Launches All New Bolero Camper Gold ZX — Still Trying To Be A Truck
- 1 hr ago Isuzu V Cross Facelift Features 20 New Upgrades — Updates, Upgrades, And Prices
- 2 hrs ago Kawasaki Z250 Discontinued — Officially Removed From Company Website
- Sports ICC World Cup 2019: Williamson’s match-winning innings proved he is New Zealand’s greatest ever player: Vettori
- News 20 passengers dead, several injured as bus falls in gorge in Himachal
- Lifestyle International Day Of Yoga 2019: 10 Yoga Poses To Get Rid Of Belly Fat
- Movies Sanaya Irani, Barun Sobti & His Wife Pashmeen Are Friends Forever; These Pictures Are The Proof!
- Technology Infinix Hot7Pro Up For Sale With Launch Offer – All You Need To Know
- Finance You Will Have To Provide Breakup On Interest Income In ITR-1 For FY 2018-19
- Education CHSE Result 2019: Steps To Check Odisha +2 Result For Arts And Commerce Streams
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
Yamaha launched their naked streetfighter, the MT-15 in the Indian market last month. The Motorcycle is priced at Rs 1.36 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi). The Yamaha MT-15 rivals the likes of the KTM 125 Duke and KTM 200 Duke among other models in the Indian market.
Now, sales reports from Yamaha confirm that within a month of its launch, the MT-15 in the Indian market has beaten the combined sales figures of both the Duke 125 and the Duke 200.
According to the March 2019 sales figures, Yamaha has recorded 5,203 units of sales of the MT-15. The KTM Duke 125 and Duke 200, on the other hand, have recorded sales of 3,069 units and 2,017 units, respectively. This brings their combined total to 5,086 units; 117 short of the Yamaha MT-15 motorcycle.
The Yamaha MT-15 carries forward the same engine as on the R15 offering. This is in the form of a 155cc single-cylinder producing 19.3bhp and 14.7Nm of torque; mated to a six-speed gearbox.
However, what makes it an interesting motorcycle is its design. The new Yamaha MT-15 design and styling has been inspired by its larger sibling, the MT-10. This is clearly evident through the motorcycle's aggressively sporty stance and the overall muscular looks.
It comes with a dual LED headlamp set up, with the top ones being the positioning lamps and the DRLs, while the bottom unit being the main headlamps. According to Yamaha, the complete headlamp set up seen on the MT-15 is what they call 'the dark side of Japan'.
The Yamaha MT-15 comes with standard telescopic front forks and a monoshock at the rear. Braking is handled by dual discs, one at each end. This is the same as seen on the R15 model as well. The Yamaha MT-15 also continues to carry forward the slipper clutch and single-channel ABS system from the YZF R15 as well.
Thoughts On The Yamaha MT-15 Sales
Yamaha MT-15 was one of the most-awaited motorcycle launches in the Indian market. The sales of the MT-15 showcase this, with Yamaha off to a flying start with the MT-15 sales in the Indian market. The Yamaha MT-15 also rivals other motorcycles in the market, such as the Bajaj Pulsar NS160 and the TVS Apache RTR 160.