- 1 day ago Maruti Suzuki Eeco Becomes Safer: Receives A Price Increase
- 1 day ago Honda CB Shine BS-VI Engine Specs Leaked: India Launch Expected This Year
- 1 day ago MG Hector 10,000 Units Production Milestone Crossed: 6,000 SUVs Already Delivered
- 1 day ago Triumph Diwali Discount Offers: Festive Benefits Available On Select Models
- News Fact check: Have the RRB NTPC vacancies 2019 been reduced
- Movies Bigg Boss Kannada 7 Weekend Updates: None Eliminated; Inmates Emotional As Ravi Belagere Bids Adieu
- Technology Diwali Offer: Buy vivo Smartphones For Rs. 101 Down Payment At Offline Stores
- Sports Tearful Murray soaks up European Open win
- Finance 4 High Interest Rate Fixed Deposits You Can Buy Online
- Lifestyle 7 Sweet And Adorable Things Siblings Do ForEach Other While Growing Up
- Travel 8 Amazing and Affordable Winter Vacation Destinations In India
- Education 5 Things Students Should Know About MHRD Internship Scheme
Yamaha MT-15 sales in India has achieved a new milestone crossing 15,000 units within the first six months of its launch. The Yamaha MT-15 went on sale in the Indian market in March earlier this year. Since its launch, the company has registered 15,298 units of sales in India.
The Yamaha MT-15 is the latest entrant to the Japanese brand's product lineup in the Indian market. The naked streetfighter offering went on sale in March 2019 with a price tag of Rs 1.36 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi).
The motorcycle was received extremely well in the Indian market, registering over 5000 units of sales within the first month of launch. However, with the slowdown in the auto industry, sales of the Yamaha MT-15 has also declined in the past couple of months.
The Yamaha MT-15 comes with design inspiration from its elder sibling, the MT-09. The motorcycles also debut's the ‘MT' series in the Indian market. The Yamaha MT-15 comes powered by the same 155cc single-cylinder liquid cooled engine which also powers the brand's R15 V3.0.
The engine produces 19.1bhp at 10,000rpm and 14.7Nm of torque at 8,500rpm. It is further mated to a six-speed manual gearbox, along with VVA (Variable Valve Actuation). The motorcycle also comes with assist and slipper clutch as well.
Yamaha has already announced that the company is working on updating its entire product lineup to comply with the upcoming BS-VI emission norms of April 2020. The company is planning to introduce the BS-VI versions of its products starting from November this year.
In terms of features, the Yamaha MT-15 comes with a host of equipment. This includes bi-functional LED headlamps, digital instrument cluster, LCD display, short rising tail, radiator side fins and front winglets.
The motorcycle misses out on inverted front forks, seen on the international-spec versions. Instead, the India-spec MT-15 comes with conventional telescopic forks at the front and a monoshock at the rear. Braking is handled by disc brakes at either end, supported by ABS as standard.
Thoughts On The Yamaha MT-15 Sales
The Yamaha MT-15 is a popular offering in the Indian 150cc segment. The motorcycle comes with an aggressive design, offering an extremely sporty and muscular look. The Yamaha MT-15 rivals the likes of the Bajaj Pulsar NS200, TVS Apache RTR 200 4V, Suzuki Gixxer 155 and the KTM 125 Duke as well.