- 22 hrs ago Suzuki Intruder 250 In The Works — Launch Expected During 2020 Auto Expo
- 23 hrs ago MG Hector Bookings Unofficially Begin — To Rival The Tata Harrier
- 24 hrs ago Tata Motors Upgrades Safety Features On The Tiago — Made Of Great, But Safer Now
- 1 day ago Renault Launches Arkana Coupe SUV In Russia — Could Be India Bound
- News Patnaik set for record fifth term as Odisha CM, swearing-in-ceremony on May 29
- Sports Convincing win against India gives us confidence, says Boult
- Education LIC AAO Result 2019: Check Result Date And Other Details
- Movies India's Most Wanted SECOND DAY Box Office Collection: Arjun Kapoor's Film Continues To Crawl!
- Lifestyle 5 Papaya Face Masks To Remove Facial Hair
- Technology China Unicom announces world's first Super 5G SIM with 128 GB storage
- Finance Manpasand Beverages MD, CFO Arrested In GST Evasion Fraud
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Yamaha Motor India has launched the new FZ and FZ-S V3.0 models in the country at a starting price of Rs 95,000 ex-showroom (Delhi). The third-generation Yamaha FZ range of sports motorcycles feature a design inspired by the FZ-25.
With the inclusion of ABS, the price for the Yamaha FZ V3.0 stands at Rs 95,000 as mentioned before while it is Rs 97,000 for the FZ-S. This accounts for a price bump of Rs 13,000 and Rs 9,000 from that of the previous-generation Yamaha FZ and FZ-S models, respectively.
Speaking more about the design, the new Yamaha FZ models come with a revamped front layout, complete with full-LED headlamps and DRL. The motorcycles get a larger flyscreen while the turn signals are positioned slightly higher than they were before.
Other changes include a new exhaust design, a cut-short tail section, single-channel ABS and a single-seat setup with two levels. The previous version of the Yamaha FZ and FZ-S came with dual seats. This could be a letdown to some even though the setup promises better pillion comfort.
The 2019 Yamaha FZ V3.0 models were spotted multiple times ahead of its launch while being tested on public roads. The production versions seem to have brought everything that was observed in the prototypes.
Features such as the fully-digital instrument console are common for both variants of the 2019 Yamaha FZ line-up. The differences between the new Yamaha FZ models mainly come in the form of body graphics, central panels and an exclusive belly pan for the FZ-S.
Regarding specifications, both motorcycles are powered by the same engine as before with no change in output. The 2019 Yamaha FZ and FZ-S make 13bhp at 8000rpm and 12.8Nm of torque at 6000rpm from their 149cc fuel-injected single-cylinder motor. This is mated to a five-speed transmission.
The 2019 Yamaha FZ comes in only two colours: Metric Black and Racing Blue. Meanwhile, the Yamaha FZ-S gets Matt Black, Dark Matt Blue and Gray & Cyan Blue as colour options.
In India, the new Yamaha FZ V3.0 models mainly compete with the Bajaj Pulsar NS160, Suzuki Gixxer, Honda CB Hornet 160R and the proven TVS RTR 160 4V.
Thoughts On The New Yamaha FZ And FZ-S V3.0 Models
Apart from the addition of a much-needed ABS unit, the new 150cc Yamaha FZ models remain mostly unchanged; except for some cosmetic enhancements. Unlike the first-generation FZ models which were really sporty, the latest and upcoming models are more focussed to be an efficient commuter. Do you agree with the same? Let us know your thoughts in the comment section below.