- 8 hrs ago BMW Unveils Its Vision M NEXT Electric Sports Car — A Glimpse Into The Future Of BMW
- 9 hrs ago Kawasaki Ninja 300 Sales Going Strong; Matches That Of TVS Apache RR 310 — Here’s Why
- 9 hrs ago Bajaj TVS And Hero MotoCorp Against 100 Percent Electrification
- 10 hrs ago BMW Reveals All Electric Car Power BEV At NEXTGen — Built On The 5 Series Platform
- Technology Best 8GB RAM Smartphones To Buy Under Rs. 30,000
- News Despite Modi's scathing remarks, Congress says PM used ‘evading tactics’
- Movies Abhirami Venkatachalam Conveys Her Feelings To Kavin; Shocking Developments In Bigg Boss Tamil 3!
- Sports ICC World Cup 2019: Australia clinch semi-final spot as England lose again
- Lifestyle Raw Bananas: Nutritional Health Benefits, Risks, & Recipes
- Finance SpiceJet Announces 8 New Daily International Flights
- Education Top 10 Indian Universities In QS World University Rankings 2020
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
The drum brake variant of the TVS Ntorq 125 has been launched in India at a price of Rs 58,252 (ex-showroom, Delhi). TVS Motor Company has launched the Ntorq 125 with drum brakes as a lower variant, costing Rs 1,648 lesser than the top-spec disc brake variant.
The TVS Ntorq is one of TVS Motors' best-sellers and that comes as no surprise as the scooter is near perfect in everything it does. It features an attractive design and brilliant colour schemes. The party-piece of the scooter is its suspension setup and engine.
The suspension allows the rider to have fun while still being very comfortable on rough patches of roads. The engine is torquey and delivers great performance. The bassy exhaust note just adds to the overall pleasure of riding the TVS Ntorq and you can read all about it in our review of the TVS Ntorq 125.
The scooter came with a petal disc brake up front as standard fitment and that impressed us even more. Now though, according to Autocar India, TVS has launched a lower variant in the line-up, with a drum brake setup at the front too.
It still comes with a combined braking system as the government has mandated it. However, it might just have lost a significant bit of its braking prowess. Pictures also reveal that the engine kill switch is missing on the drum brake variant.
According to the same report, the lower variant of the TVS Ntorq 125 also misses out on the underseat LED light and USB mobile phone charger. Nothing has changed in terms of powertrain though, as the TVS Ntorq 125 is still powered by the same air-cooled, 124.8cc, single-cylinder engine. It produces a maximum power output of 9.5bhp and a peak torque output of 10.5Nm.
Thoughts On TVS Ntorq 125 Drum Brake Variant Launched In India
The TVS Ntorq 125 is one of the most underrated scooters currently on sale in India. It is more capable and a lot more comfortable than any other scooter in the market today, and it sold reasonably well too.
However, TVS has gone ahead and launched a lower variant to boost sales further. The TVS Ntorq 125 competes with the Honda Grazia which is priced at Rs 60,723 for the drum brake variant. The lower cost is sure to attract more customers as it retails at a price much lower than its competitors.