- 12 hrs ago 2020 TVS Apache RR310 Review: From Race-Track To The Roads!
- 13 hrs ago MG ZS Petrol Model Likely To Launch Next Year In India: Will It Be The Brand’s Fourth Model?
- 15 hrs ago Mercedes-Benz EQC India Launch Timeline Announced: To Arrive Next Month
- 15 hrs ago 2021 Range Rover & Range Rover Sport Prices Announced: Starts At Rs 88.24 Lakh
- Movies Kaun Banega Crorepati Lottery Message Promising 25 Lakh On Whatsapp Messenger Is Fake
- Sports Rohit Sharma pats Kieron Pollard, Ishan Kishan for keeping Mumbai Indians in the match
- News Sonia Gandhi urges Congress-ruled states to pass laws to negate central farm acts
- Finance RBI May Hold MPC Meet As Early As Next Week
- Lifestyle World Heart Day 2020: Best Foods To Prevent The Risk Of Heart Diseases In Diabetics
- Technology Oppo Reno4 F Officially Teased; Launch Set For October, 2020
- Education CLAT Answer Key 2020: Check Provisional Answer Key
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Himachal Pradesh In October 2020
TVS Motor Company will launch an electric vehicle in the Indian market later this year. TVS' electric vehicle is expected to be based on the TVS Creon Concept showcased at the 2018 Indian Auto Expo.
With the launch of the EV, TVS will become the first mainstream manufacturer to go the electric way. A report by ETAuto stated that TVS Motor Company will be converting its entire product portfolio to BS-VI in the second half of the financial year 2019-2020 and will also launch an electric vehicle in the same period.
Electric vehicles are not just the future but have already started making an impact in the Indian market. There are several new brands that are competing in the electric two-wheeler segment, but none of the mainstream manufacturers are in it yet.
The government is considering the implementation of a mandate that requires all new three-wheelers to be electric from April 2023 and all two-wheelers below 150cc to be replaced by electric ones from April 2025.
Quite a few manufacturers had expressed their dissent with the mandate, and one among them was TVS. The company's Chairman, Venu Srinivasan said, "To force an unrealistic deadline for mass adoption of electric two and three wheelers, will not just create consumer discontent, it risks derailing auto-manufacturing in India that supports 4 million jobs."
However, TVS is not a company that has backed out from making green vehicles. In-fact, TVS was the first mainstream Indian manufacturer to invest in electric vehicles. The company had invested Rs 5 crore in EV startup Ultraviolette Automotive and had begun development of an electric vehicle.
Venu Srinivasan was not against electric vehicles, but was against the unrealistic deadline for it. The result of TVS' EV development will be seen within the next eight months. K N Radhakrishnan, CEO of TVS Motor Company was quoted as saying, "We have invested in electric technology, and this financial year, we are planning (to launch an EV). Closer to the launch, I'll be able to give you more details."
TVS had started its EV development about three years ago and the company had displayed the Creon EV concept at the 2018 Indian Auto Expo. It was powered by a three lithium-ion batteries and driven by a 12kW electric motor. TVS claimed it could do a 0-60km/h run in just 5.1 seconds.
The Creon was also the first one to give Indians the glimpse of a fast-charger which TVS claimed when used would charge up the battery to 80 percent in just 60 minutes. The EV that TVS plans to launch in the next few months will mostly be based on the Creon EV. More details are unavailable at the moment.
Thoughts On TVS Electric Vehicle To Be Launched Before March 2020
TVS is one of the few companies that has constantly made massive changes to the way it functions and to its vehicles as well. It was only last month that TVS launched the Apache RTR 200 Fi E100 that is India's first and only motorcycle capable of running on ethanol. However, TVS' green vehicles strategy doesn't end at that. TVS electric vehicles are coming and we cannot wait to see what it offers to the market.