- 11 hrs ago Renault Kiger Launch India Launch Delayed To Next Year: Here Are All Details
- 12 hrs ago BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe India Launch Timeline Revealed: To Rival Mercedes-Benz A-Class
- 14 hrs ago Renault Duster Turbo Review (First Drive): The Best Handling Mid-Size SUV?
- 14 hrs ago Ford Endeavour Basecamp Name Trademarked In India: Here Are All Details
- Movies Drishyam 2 Is An Expensive Project, Reveals Producer Antony Perumbavoor
- Technology Amazon Navratri Festival Sale 2020: Offers On Gadgets
- Sports IPL 2020: David Warner happy with Sunrisers' death bowling against Delhi Capitals
- News US Presidential Debate 2020: Donald Trump in debate prep before faceoff with Joe Biden
- Finance Equity Mutual Funds Giving Out Dividends On Sharp Market Rally
- Education Shekhar Kapur Appointed As President of FTII Society and Chairman of Governing Council of FTII
- Lifestyle Aditi Rao Hydari’s Latest Suit Look Is A Lesson In Traditional-perfection
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Rajasthan In October 2020
TVS Motor Company is preparing to launch the facelift of the Apache RTR 200 4V and the Apache RTR 160. An Image of the upcoming TVS Apache RTR 200 4V has been leaked online and it shows a few details and changes that have been made to the motorcycle. The facelifted model is also expected to be BS-VI emissions norms compliant.
The TVS Apache series is one of the best-sellers for TVS Motor Company. It has sold lakhs of units of different variants of the motorcycle. The TVS Apache has garnered itself a cult following. The brand is well-known even amongst the motorsport fraternity thanks to the one-make championships it created.
The current Apache RTR 200 4V though is slowly becoming a little too old and TVS too realised that a facelift is due. The company has been working on the facelift and an image posted by Zigwheels shows the changes seen on the TVS Apache RTR 200 4V facelift.
At first glance, the motorcycle looks similar to the current model on sale in India. A closer look though reveals a few changes. The biggest change in terms of design comes in the form of an LED headlamp up front.
It is an LED reflector unit with separate high and low beams. It also gets angled LED DRLs. The body panels all remain the same as the current model but the rear grab rail seems to be a little different.
Yet another change expected on the facelift is the addition of new digital instrumentation. It is expected to be an LCD screen with smartphone bluetooth connectivity that is something like the one seen on the TVS NTorq 125.
The motorcycle is expected to be powered by the same 197.75cc engine, but it will feature certain changes to make it BS-VI compliant. The changes being made to the engine are unknown at the moment.
The engine in the current model produces a maximum power output of 20.7bhp and a peak torque output of 18.1Nm. A 5-speed gearbox drives the rear wheel. We expect a small increase in the power and torque output on the facelifted model.
TVS might also replace the gearbox with a new 6-speed unit. This however cannot be confirmed at the moment. The current TVS Apache RTR 200 4V retails at Rs 1,10,000 (ex-showroom). Keeping these changes in mind, we can expect the facelifted model to cost between Rs 10,000 to Rs 15,000 more.
Thoughts On TVS Apache RTR 200 Facelift Images Being Leaked
The TVS Apache RTR 200 4V is a formidable motorcycle in the 200cc naked segment. However, it is underpowered and under equipped when compared to the competition. With the facelift arriving, TVS should make use of the opportunity and bring the motorcycle at par with the competition.