- 2 hrs ago Want Official Accessories For You Renault Duster: Full List And Details
- 8 hrs ago Revolt RV 400 Launch Date Confirmed — India’s First AI-Enabled Electric Motorcycle Is Almost Here!
- 11 hrs ago Jawa 42 Galactic Green Colour Denied Registration: RTO Explains Why
- 13 hrs ago CF Moto Launch Four New Motorcycles In India — Prices Start At Rs 2.29 Lakh
- News Ready to face arrest: Priyanka Gandhi ups ante against UP govt over Sonbhadra incident
- Movies Nach Baliye 9 Grand Premiere: Fans Loved The FIRST Episode; #BhaiOnNachBaliye9 Trends On Twitter!
- Technology Hotstar Leads Entertainment Apps Installations: Study
- Sports PKL 2019: Telugu Titans host U Mumba in Season 7 curtain-raiser
- Finance Reliance Industries Net Rises; Jio Profits Grow
- Lifestyle Kylie Jenner And BFF Anastasia Karanikolaou Give Us Insta-Perfect Party Fashion Moments
- Travel Magical Destinations To Visit In South India During Monsoon
- Education CBSE Compartment Result 2019: Links To Check Class 12 Board Exam Results
TVS Motors has launched its first ethanol-fueled motorcycle in the Indian market, with their Apache RTR 200 4V. The new ethanol-powered TVS Apache RTR 200 4V FI E100 is priced at Rs 1.2 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi).
The TVS Apache RTR 200 4V FI ethanol was first showcased at the 2018 Auto Expo and has now finally entered the Indian market. The ethanol-fueled Apache RTR 200 will, however, be sold in a phased manner across the country, with Maharashtra, Uttar Pradesh and Karnataka receiving the first lot of the motorcycles.
In terms of the design of the new motorcycle, the ethanol-fueled Apache RTR 200 will carry forward the same design as its petrol-powered sibling. Although, the ethanol variant will come with green body decals, which will help differentiate it from the rest.
The TVS Apache RTR 200 4V FI Ethanol will come powered by an E100 200cc single-cylinder engine. It produces 20.7bhp at 8,500rpm and 18.1Nm of peak torque at 7,000rpm; mated to a six-speed gearbox. TVS also claims that the ethanol variant of the RTR 200 can reach a top speed of up to 129km/h.
The ethanol-powered Apache RTR 200 comes with an electronic fuel-injection system with twin-spray-twin-port, ensuring improved power delivery while also allowing the fuel to burn cleaner.
Ethanol is basically a combination of alcohol and gasoline, which provides a higher octane number; allowing cleaner combustion at lower costs. It is manufactured from plant residue; making it more eco-friendly than regular fossil fuels like petrol or diesel.
Ethanol is also an alternative renewable source of fuel available in the market. It produces 35 per cent lower carbon monoxide emissions and is also bio-degradable as well.
Thoughts On The New TVS Apache RTR 200 4V FI E100
Ethanol is one of the easiest types of alternative fuel available in the market. The use of ethanol in the motorcycle also helps reduce the number of harmful emissions, which is precisely the need of the hour, especially in India. Though the Apache RTR 200 4V is powered by ethanol, it will still continue to rival the likes of the Bajaj Pulsar 200NS and the KTM Duke 200 in the Indian market.