- 12 hrs ago Tata Altroz Premium Hatchback Teased Ahead Of Its July Debut
- 14 hrs ago BMW X7 India-Launch Date Confirmed — The First-Ever 7-Seater Beemer Will Soon Be Available In India
- 15 hrs ago Government Gives Manufacturers Just 14 Days To Come Up With Roadmap For EV Development
- 16 hrs ago New Kia Seltos Video Released With Tiger Shroff As Brand Ambassador — Watch The Video Here!
- News Is India doing enough to tackle vehicular pollution?
- Sports ICC World Cup 2019: England v Australia: Morgan's men look for response after Sri Lanka setback
- Movies Kabir Singh Box Office Fourth Day Collection: Shahid Kapoor In A Celebration Mode
- Technology Realme Smartphone With 64MP Camera Sensor On Cards – What To Expect
- Lifestyle Eat These Vitamin D-rich Foods For Improved Immunity & Bone Health
- Finance IT Dept Issued Refunds Worth Rs 64,700 Cr From April To 18 June 2019
- Education Looking For Career In Management? Explore Why BBA MBA Integrated Course Is Best After Class 12
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
Pune based Tork Motors has hired Roy Kurian as it's Head of Sales & Marketing. Roy Kurian was the senior Vice President in charge of sales and marketing at India Yamaha Motor. He will now bring 14 years of sales experience he gained at Yamaha to Tork Motors.
Mr Kurian's primary task-list include introducing Tork Motors' flagship product — the T6X electric motorcycle, in addition to focus on strategic tie-ups, marketing and distribution of the manufacturer's forthcoming models.
Kapil Shelke, CEO and Founder, Tork Motors, said, "We are delighted to have a veteran like Roy join our team. We are set to achieve a strong impact on launch of India's first electric motorcycle and are banking on the wealth of information and experience Roy brings to the table."
When asked about his position with Tork Motors, Roy Kurian said, "I am excited to be a part of the 'future' and it is the right time to dive in, learn and create a path for the inevitable EV space."
The company started working on the T6X in mid-2015 and unveiled the first prototype in September 2016. Bharat Forge (the world's second-largest forging company) came on board as a strategic partner in early 2018, and Tork Motors says it has made rapid progress on two fronts – technology and skilled resources.
The T6X has been built after five prototypes spanning 10 years of research and development. The e-motorcycle is in its final stages – a near-production-ready T6X was spotted testing earlier this year – Tork plans its launch in Pune, followed by Bangalore and other cities.
Tork Motors, India's first electric motorcycle manufacturing start-up, has a proprietary drive-train technology called TIROS (Tork Intuitive Response Operating System) which is the artificial intelligence that drives the machines.
Tork Motors says that the soon-to-be-launched T6X motorcycle will enhance rider experience with value added features like GPS, utility storage, cloud connectivity and phone chargers. The T6X is high on connectivity. Outside of analysis and compilation of data for every ride, power management, real time power consumption and range forecasts, TIROS also captures the driving patterns of the rider. We do not have any information about pricing yet, but will apprise you the moment we have any.
Thoughts About Tork Motors Hiring Ex-Yamaha C Level Management
Of course! This was bound to happen. Bringing on board any one with 14 years of experience with one of the largest motorcycle manufacturers is always a plus. May be Yamaha will re-hire Mr Kurian to head their sales and marketing once Yamaha decides to fire up an electric motorcycle division. Who's to say. May be Yamaha sent him to figure some stuff out. Phew! Enough for now.