- 2 hrs ago BMW Unveils Its Vision M NEXT Electric Sports Car — A Glimpse Into The Future Of BMW
- 4 hrs ago Kawasaki Ninja 300 Sales Going Strong; Matches That Of TVS Apache RR 310 — Here’s Why
- 4 hrs ago Bajaj TVS And Hero MotoCorp Against 100 Percent Electrification
- 5 hrs ago BMW Reveals All Electric Car Power BEV At NEXTGen — Built On The 5 Series Platform
- Movies Kabir Singh Box Office Collection Day 5: Shahid Kapoor’s Film Enters 100 Crore Club
- Technology Xiaomi Teases Upcoming Mi Bluetooth Headsets, Mi LED Lamp And More Ahead of Mi's 5th Anniversary
- Sports I am fine, will be in my hotel room tomorrow: Brian Lara
- News PM Modi tears into Congress, says ‘People outside the family don’t get recognition’
- Lifestyle Raw Bananas: Nutritional Health Benefits, Risks, & Recipes
- Finance SpiceJet Announces 8 New Daily International Flights
- Education Top 10 Indian Universities In QS World University Rankings 2020
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
The list of top-selling scooters in India for the month of April 2019 has been released. The top-ten list of scooters for the month of April, showcases Honda leading the sales chart with the Activa.
The second position in the list has been taken up by TVS with their Jupiter offering, while the third spot is occupied by the Suzuki Access. The Honda Activa has recorded a sales of 2,10,961 units in April 2019; almost four times more than the sales of the TVS Jupiter in second position with 54,984 units of sales.
|Rank ||Model ||April 2019 Sales |
|1 ||Honda Activa ||2,10,961 |
|2 ||TVS Jupiter ||54,984 |
|3 ||Suzuki Access ||48,463 |
|4 ||Honda Dio ||46,501 |
|5 ||TVS Ntorq ||20,684 |
|6 ||Hero Destini 125 ||16,301 |
|7 ||Yamaha Fascino ||14,873 |
|8 ||Honda Grazia ||11,823 |
|9 ||Hero Pleasure ||10,689 |
|10 ||Yamaha Ray ||10,336 |
Also, the sales of the Honda Activa has increased by almost 25 percent in April compared to its sales in March 2019 with 1,48,241 units of sales. The top-three slots have remained the same with both the TVS Jupiter and the Suzuki Access maintaining their sales number from March 2019.
Moving further down the order, there has been a bit of shuffling with the Honda Dio improving its sales to take up the fourth-slot in the list. The Honda Dio recorded sales of 46,501 units of sales, which is impressive considering it wasn't in the top-ten list in the previous month.
The TVS NTorq 125 has improved sales to complete the top-five, overtaking the Hero Destini 125. The NTorq 125 recorded sales of 20,684 units in April compared to 18,557 units in March 2019.
The bottom five on the list include the Hero Destini 125, Yamaha Fascino, Honda Grazia, Hero Pleasure and Yamaha Ray. The Honda Grazia replaces the TVS SCooty Pep+ in the list with 11,823 units of sales.
The Yamaha Fascino and the Ray has dropped in sales numbers compared to March 2019. The Yamaha Fascino which was in sixth position in March has dropped one slot to seventh with 14,873 units of sales recorded.
The Yamaha Ray, on the other hand, has dropped from seventh position to the bottom of the table. The Yamaha Ray which recorded 12,671 units in March 2019; managed to record 10,336 units in the previous month.
Thoughts On The Top-Selling Scooters in India For April 2019
Honda has dominated the sales in the Indian scooter segment once again with their Activa offering in the Indian market. Hero MotoCorp has just launched two new scooters in the market in the form of the Hero Pleasure 110 and the Maestro Edge 125 and are hoping to overtake Honda in the segment. It will be interesting to see the shuffling with the two new scooters in the coming months.