- 1 hr ago Korean Designer Features Hot Water Bath In Car — Where’s The Rest Of The House?
- 1 hr ago Skoda India Just Rolled Out Its One Hundred Thousandth Rapid — We’re On A Roll!
- 2 hrs ago Weirdest Things Brought To Car Test Drives Includes Snakes & A Horse — Here’s The List
- 2 hrs ago Kia Motors To Officially Unveil The Seltos Tomorrow — Ready For A Power Surprise?
- Sports Rohit's career took off after 2011 World Cup snub, says former coach Lad
- News Mukherjee Nagar clash: HC pulls up Delhi Police, says it's evidence of police brutality
- Movies Surbhi Chandna, Nakuul Mehta, Divyanka Tripathi & Other TV Actors Who Are Highly Educated!
- Lifestyle International Yoga Day: How To Lose Weight With Yoga
- Technology Xiaomi Teases The Launch Of Its Mi Electric Shaver In India – All You Need To Know
- Finance Bengaluru Enters Top 10 APAC Cities List For Real Estate FDI
- Education SSC CHSL Admit Card 2019 Released For Tier I Examination
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
The list of top-selling scooters in India for the month of April 2019 has been released. The top-ten list of scooters for the month of April, showcases Honda leading the sales chart with the Activa.
The second position in the list has been taken up by TVS with their Jupiter offering, while the third spot is occupied by the Suzuki Access. The Honda Activa has recorded a sales of 2,10,961 units in April 2019; almost four times more than the sales of the TVS Jupiter in second position with 54,984 units of sales.
|Rank ||Model ||April 2019 Sales |
|1 ||Honda Activa ||2,10,961 |
|2 ||TVS Jupiter ||54,984 |
|3 ||Suzuki Access ||48,463 |
|4 ||Honda Dio ||46,501 |
|5 ||TVS Ntorq ||20,684 |
|6 ||Hero Destini 125 ||16,301 |
|7 ||Yamaha Fascino ||14,873 |
|8 ||Honda Grazia ||11,823 |
|9 ||Hero Pleasure ||10,689 |
|10 ||Yamaha Ray ||10,336 |
Also, the sales of the Honda Activa has increased by almost 25 percent in April compared to its sales in March 2019 with 1,48,241 units of sales. The top-three slots have remained the same with both the TVS Jupiter and the Suzuki Access maintaining their sales number from March 2019.
Moving further down the order, there has been a bit of shuffling with the Honda Dio improving its sales to take up the fourth-slot in the list. The Honda Dio recorded sales of 46,501 units of sales, which is impressive considering it wasn't in the top-ten list in the previous month.
The TVS NTorq 125 has improved sales to complete the top-five, overtaking the Hero Destini 125. The NTorq 125 recorded sales of 20,684 units in April compared to 18,557 units in March 2019.
The bottom five on the list include the Hero Destini 125, Yamaha Fascino, Honda Grazia, Hero Pleasure and Yamaha Ray. The Honda Grazia replaces the TVS SCooty Pep+ in the list with 11,823 units of sales.
The Yamaha Fascino and the Ray has dropped in sales numbers compared to March 2019. The Yamaha Fascino which was in sixth position in March has dropped one slot to seventh with 14,873 units of sales recorded.
The Yamaha Ray, on the other hand, has dropped from seventh position to the bottom of the table. The Yamaha Ray which recorded 12,671 units in March 2019; managed to record 10,336 units in the previous month.
Thoughts On The Top-Selling Scooters in India For April 2019
Honda has dominated the sales in the Indian scooter segment once again with their Activa offering in the Indian market. Hero MotoCorp has just launched two new scooters in the market in the form of the Hero Pleasure 110 and the Maestro Edge 125 and are hoping to overtake Honda in the segment. It will be interesting to see the shuffling with the two new scooters in the coming months.