- 10 hrs ago Steelbird Tyres Launches Puncture RSA Across India – Fix Your Flat With Ease
- 11 hrs ago India Proposes Electrifying All Two Wheelers Within 6 And 8 Years
- 13 hrs ago Mahindra Stops Production Of TUV300 Automatic — Five Speed Manual Option Only
- 13 hrs ago Suzuki To Stop Manufacturing Commuter Motorcycles – Will Cater To Performance Segment Only
- Technology Buying Guide: Best Smartphones under Rs 8,000
- Movies PM Narendra Modi Movie Review: The Bland Storytelling Will Make You Chant 'No More' To The Film!
- Lifestyle Rakulpreet's Latest Attire For A Movie Promotion Deserves All Your Attention
- News The Congress scored a 0 in these 16 states/UTs
- Sports Neymar, Mbappe could leave PSG, hints Tuchel
- Finance Sensex At 45,000, Nifty At 13,500 By June 2020 On Modi's Return: Morgan Stanley
- Education SSLC Revaluation Result Kerala 2019: Direct Link To Check Result
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
The list for the top-selling bikes for the month of March 2019 in India has been released. The table showcases Hero MotoCorp continuing their dominating form in the Indian market, occupying four of the top-10 slots including the top-two with the Splendor and the HF Deluxe.
Hero also cracked the top-10 list of scooters in India for March 2019 with their recently introduced Destini 125 — here is the list of top-10 scooters in the country in March this year.
|Rank||Brand ||Model ||March 2019 Sales |
|1 ||Hero ||Splendor ||2,46,656 |
|2||Hero ||HF Deluxe ||1,46,162 |
|3||Bajaj ||Pulsar ||1,05,256 |
|4||Bajaj ||Platina ||62,519 |
|5||Hero ||Passion ||54,544 |
|6||Hero ||Glamour ||56,658 |
|7||TVS ||Apache ||42,965 |
|8||Bajaj ||CT ||37,556 |
|9||Royal Enfield ||Classic 350 ||36,428 |
|10||Honda ||Shine ||29,827 |
The Hero Splendor has always been one of the most popular commuter-segment motorcycles in the market. The Hero Splendor has been on topping the sales chart month-on-month bringing in volume sales to the brand. In the month of March 2019, the Hero Splendor managed to record 2,46,656 units of sales.
The second popular model from Hero MotoCorp is the HF Deluxe, another commuter segment motorcycle offering from the World's largest two-wheeler manufacturer. The Hero HF Deluxe sits below the Splendor and has consistently been an in-house competitor for the Splendor. The Hero HF Deluxe recorded 1,46,162 units of sales in the previous month.
The Bajaj Pulsar range completes the top-three in the list. The Bajaj Pulsar started off the entry-level sportbike segment in the Indian market. The Pulsar range is available in a range of displacements — 150cc, 180cc, 200cc and 220cc. The Bajaj Pulsar range in March 2019, recorded 1,05,256 units of sales.
Among the others in the list, TVS Apache series has moved up three slots from 10th in February to 7th in March 2019. TVS Apache series, similar to the Pulsar range is available in a number of variants, with different displacements — 160cc, 180cc, 200cc and the range-topping RR310. TVS Apache sales increased from 35,358 units in February to 42,965 units in March 2019.
Another noticeable change is the decline of sales of the Royal Enfield Classic 350. Positioned at eighth in February, the Classic 350 has now dropped one slot to ninth position. Sales have also marginally reduced from 37,862 units in February to 36,428 units in the previous month.
Thoughts On The Top-Selling Bikes In India For March 2019
Although the top performers have continued to maintain their spots for another month. Lower down the table, there have been a few changes as always. With the year 2019 set to witness a number of new motorcycle launches, we can expect further shuffling in the list in the coming months.