- 1 day ago Tata Motors Announces Discounts & Benefits Of Up To Rs 1.50 Lakh On Select Models
- 1 day ago Renault BS-VI Turbo-Petrol Engines Confirmed For India: Will Feature On The Duster & Captur SUVs
- 1 day ago KTM Increases Prices Of The Duke 125 & RC 125 Models In India
- 1 day ago Piaggo Hikes Prices Of Vespa & Aprilia Scooters In India: Also Offers Other Festive Benefits
- News Engineering Jobs: POWERGRID announces Executive Trainee vacancies; How to apply
- Movies WHAAT? Salman Khan's LIP-LOCK Scenes With Alia Bhatt Lead To Indifference Between Him & Mr Bhansali?
- Sports Pro Kabaddi League 2019: Match 94: Telugu Titans Vs Dabang Delhi: Dream 11 Prediction, Fantasy Tips
- Lifestyle Microcytic Anemia: Symptoms, Causes, Risk Factors, Treatment, And Prevention
- Technology Tata Sky On WhatsApp: Check Balance, Add Packs And More
- Finance Govt Employees Will Get Housing Advance At Lower Interest Rates
- Education HSSC Clerk Admit Card 2019 Released
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
The Suzuki SV650 could be launched in the Indian market. According to reports, the naked streetfighter Suzuki SV650 is being considered for a launch in India. The Suzuki SV650 is a mid-weight naked motorcycle with decent levels of performance.
The Suzuki SV650 first made its debut two decades ago, in 1999. The cost-effective pricing coupled with brilliant dynamics and a great engine made it an instant success in the American market.
In 2009, Suzuki launched a new version and called it the SV650 Gladius. A few years later, in 2016, the Gladius name was discontinued and Suzuki went back to the SV650 moniker. An update was launched in 2018, and the motorcycle is expected to be updated yet again in 2020.
It is the 2020 Suzuki SV650 that might be launched in India. The current model is one of the best-looking motorcycles in the 600-800cc segment if one is looking for retro styling. The motorcycle features simplistic styling and gives off a retro vibe.
Up front is a circular headlamp with a short windscreen right above it. The chassis is visible from the sides and the fuel tank is positioned above it. The engine gets a simple cowl at the bottom and the simplistic styling continues at the rear too.
The Suzuki SV650 is powered by a liquid-cooled, 645cc, 90-degree V-twin engine. Yes, it is the same engine that powers the Suzuki V-Strom 650XT adventure tourer that is already on sale in the Indian market.
It produces a maximum power output of 75bhp at 8,500rpm and a peak torque output of 64Nm at 8,100rpm. A 6-speed gearbox handles transmission duties. The 2020 Suzuki SV650 will be EURO-VI (BS-VI) emissions norms compliant which means that it will be ready for the Indian market.
It features dual disc brakes up front and a single disc at the rear. ABS is offered as standard equipment, but the motorcycle does not come with traction control. Instead, the Suzuki SV 650 features Low RPM Assist System. Suspension duties are handled by a conventional telescopic fork up front and a monoshock at the rear.
Thoughts On Suzuki SV650 Naked Motorcycle Being Launched In The Indian Market
The Suzuki SV650 will also be imported as a CKD and hence is expected to be successful. The motorcycle will compete with the Royal Enfield Interceptor 650, the CFMoto 650NK and the Kawasaki Ninja 650.