- 17 min ago 2020 TVS Apache RR310 BS6 (First Ride) Review: Crafted To Be More Invisible Than Before
- 3 hrs ago New Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS Turbo-Petrol Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 7.68 Lakh
- 4 hrs ago Hyundai i20 2020 Models Interiors Revealed Ahead Of India Launch: Details And Expected Features
- 4 hrs ago New Mercedes-Benz A-Class Sedan Bookings Open In India: Launch Expected In The Coming Months
- Movies Ala Vaikunthapurramloo On Netflix; Netizens Slam Makers For Fooling Audience
- News Delhi HC allows Centre's impleadment in PIL for FIRs over hate speech by 3 BJP leaders
- Sports El Clasico: Real Madrid and Barcelona gear up to make history
- Technology Samsung Galaxy M31: The Good, The Bad, And The X Factor
- Lifestyle 8 Signs There's No Emotional Intimacy In Your Relationship
- Finance Sitharaman Says This About Rs. 2000 Currency Notes
- Travel Least Polluted Cities In India
- Education Top 20 Universities In Emerging Economies University Rankings 2020
Suzuki Motorcycles India has overtaken the sales of Hero MotoCorp in the Indian scooter segment during the H1 2019 period (April - September). Suzuki Motorcycles now becomes the third largest scooter manufacturer in the Indian market, following Honda and TVS.
Suzuki Motorcycles registered 341,928 units of sales in the Indian market, during the first half of the 2019 fiscal year. During the same period last year, the company had managed to register 291,847 units; a growth of 17.16% in the segment.
Hero MotoCorp sales, on the other hand, has fallen significantly during the same period. The company registered a 36.23% decline in scooter sales during H1 2019. Hero which had registered 391,019 units in H1 2018, managed to record just 249,365 units during the same period this year.
This decline by Hero MotoCorp has allowed Suzuki to take advantage and move up a position in the scooter segment. The top-two positions on the table, however, remain unchanged, with Honda Motorcycles & Scooters India (HMSI) leading the way in scooter sales.
|Rank||Brands||H1 2019 ||H1 2018 ||Growth (%) |
|7||Mahindra Two Wheelers||480||1,683||-71.48|
HMSI has registered a massive 1,732,579 units of sales in H1 2019. However, this is still a decline of 20.63% from 2,182,860 units in H1 2018. TVS Motors in second place has also registered a decline, although it is comparatively less at 7.19% from 644,981 in H1 2018 to 598,617 in H1 2019.
The main reason for the growth in sales of Suzuki Motorcycles is due to the success of their Access 125 and Burgman 125 models. The Suzuki Access 125 is the most popular scooter in the company's range, accounting for over 80% of the total sales of the brand in the Indian market.
The Suzuki Access 125 was first introduced in India back in 2007. Sales of the Suzuki Access 125 has been consistent over the years, bringing in good volumes to the company month-on-month.
Following the Hero MotoCorp in the fourth position is Yamaha, Piaggio and Mahindra two-wheelers. Yamaha has registered 157,483 units of sales in H1 2019; a drop of 20.62% from 198,385 units in H1 2018.
The Piaggio brand, consisting of Aprilia and Vespa has registered 36,981 units of sales, while Mahindra two-wheelers are last on the list with just 480 units sold in H1 2019. Mahindra has fallen drastically between H1 2019 and H1 2018 from 1,683 units last year.
Thoughts On The Suzuki Scooter Sales In India Overtaking Hero MotoCorp
Suzuki scooters sales in India is the only brand in the top-7 list to have registered growth during the H1 2019 period. The sales of the Suzuki Access 125 and the Burgman Street 125 has received a very positive response, allowing them to overtake Hero, India's largest two-wheeler manufacturer.