- 1 hr ago Top Car News Of The Week: Here Are The Highlights From The Auto Industry Of The Week Gone By
- 2 hrs ago Top Bike News Of The Week: Ninja 1000, Z650 & Gixxer 250 BS6 Bikes Launched & More
- 17 hrs ago Hyundai India Exports Over 5,000 Cars In May After Resuming Operations
- 18 hrs ago Volkswagen T-Roc Start Arriving At Dealerships Post Lockdown: Deliveries To Commence Soon
- Sports Daniel Vettori asks Bangladesh Cricket Board to donate part of salary to low-income staff
- News Key highlights of PM Modi’s Mann ki Baat address
- Technology SpaceX, NASA Liftoff Historic Crewed Mission To ISS
- Lifestyle June 2020: Auspicious Dates For Buying Vehicles In This Month
- Finance Markets Next Week: Global Cues To Remain Key
- Movies Sarkaru Vaari Paata Is The Official Title For Mahesh Babu's #SSMB27 With Parasuram!
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In North India In June
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
Suzuki Motorcycles India is said to be working on a 250cc version of their popular Intruder cruiser motorcycle in the country. The new Suzuki Intruder 250 will be offered with a brand new chassis, along with a host of changes compared to the current 155cc model.
Suzuki recently launched the Gixxer SF 250 in the Indian market, alongside the updated Gixxer SF (155cc). The new Suzuki Intruder 250 will carry forward the same engine, while receiving a bunch of other updates and changes.
The engine is in the form of a 249cc liquid-cooled single-cylinder unit producing 26.5bhp and 22.5Nm of torque. It is mated to a six-speed gearbox. According to ZgWheels, the new Suzuki Intruder 250 is expected to be launched in the country at the 2020 Auto Expo.
The new 250cc version of the Intruder will feature all the latest equipment such as LED headlamps, LED tail lights, forward-set foot pegs, low seats, easy-reach handlebars and a longer swingarm.
Ahead of the launch of the Intruder 250 in India, Suzuki will first introduce the naked street-fighter version of the Gixxer SF 250, called the Gixxer 250. The new Suzuki Gixxer 250 is expected to launch in India sometime later this year and will rival the likes of the KTM Duke 250 and Yamaha FZ 25 in the market — read our first ride review here.
The other mechanical bits on the upcoming Intruder 250 could be carried forward from the Gixxer SF 250. However, parts such as the telescopic front forks and the monoshock suspension could be tuned differently to suit the cruiser stance. It will also get the same braking and dual-channel ABS system as the fully-faired sports bike.
Thoughts On The Suzuki Intruder 250 In India
The Suzuki Intruder 250 once launched in the country will be the first and only quarter-litre cruiser offering in India. It will have no direct rivals, although it might take on the likes of the Royal Enfield Classic 350 in the cruiser motorcycle segment. We can expect Suzuki to price the Intruder 250 in the range of Rs 1.5 lakh to Rs 1.9 lakh, ex-showroom upon launch.
Note: Images used are for representational purposes only