- 1 day ago Okinawa Offers Special Discounts On Their Electric Scooter Range This Festive Season
- 1 day ago New Bugatti Centodieci Unveiled: Pays Homage To 110 Years Of Bugatti & The Iconic EB110
- 1 day ago Emflux Two And Two+ Electric Motorcycle Teaser Reveals Performance And Range Figures
- 1 day ago New Hyundai Grand i10 Nios Starts Arriving At Dealerships: Launch On 20th August
- Sports Ashes 2019: Labuschagne steps up in Smith's absence as Australia survive Archer onslaught for Lord's draw
- Movies Karan Johar Calls Out A Troll Who Mocked His Sexuality!
- News Amit Shah says Congress has "no shame" as it continues to oppose "evil practice" of triple talaq
- Technology Difference between OpenGL and DirectX12
- Lifestyle How Can Birth Control Pills Affect A Woman's Life
- Finance Pokemon Cards Sold For Over $1,00,000 In An Online Auction
- Education CA IPCC Result 2019 Likely To Be Announced On Aug 23 Or 24
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
Suzuki Motorcycles India has launched the MotoGP edition of their 2019 Gixxer SF 155 model. The new Suzuki Gixxer SF MotoGP edition comes priced at Rs 1.10 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi). A premium of just Rs 800 over the standard variant.
The new MotoGP variant of the Gixxer SF 155 comes with the iconic Suzuki blue with the ‘Ecstar' decals as seen on the MotoGP-spec GSX-RR motorcycle. It also gets the yellow decals on the wheel rims to complete the MotoGP look, which along with the blacked-out wheels offers a bold and sporty appeal.
Devashish Handa, Vice President, Suzuki Motorcycle India Pvt. Ltd. stated,
"We are happy to introduce the Gixxer SF series MotoGP edition, the colour admirably expresses the passion and spirit of racing-inspired by legendary GSX-R series' legacy. With State of the art design, high output and low fuel consumption engine along with an easy to handle chassis the Gixxer SF series MotoGP edition is designed to impress."
"Suzuki Motorcycle India received an overwhelming response for the newly launched Gixxer SF series with a lot of anticipation about the MotoGP colour. We are pleased to announce the launch of the same in the Indian market today."
The 2019 Suzuki Gixxer SF 155 was launched in the Indian market, a couple of months ago. The new Gixxer SF came with a completely fresh design, borrowing the styling cues from the Gixxer SF250, which was launched alongside the 155cc offering.
The 2019 Suzuki Gixxer SF comes with more aggressive styling, featuring LED headlamp, LED taillights, LED DRLs and an updated digital instrument cluster. The new Gixxer SF is powered by the same 155cc engine, although it has been tuned slightly to offer more refinement.
The 155cc single-cylinder air-cooled engine on the Gixxer SF MotoGP edition produces 13.9bhp and 14Nm of torque. It now features a fuel-injection system, while being mated to a five-speed gearbox.
Suspension on the motorcycle is through telescopic forks at the front and a mono-shock set up at the rear. Braking is handled by discs on either end, supported by a single-channel ABS system as standard.
We even got a chance to ride the 2019 Suzuki Gixxer SF on the Buddh International Circuit during the time of launch. The motorcycle offers excellent riding ergonomics and provides good performance as well —here is our detailed review.
Suzuki has also confirmed the launch of the Suzuki Gixxer SF 250 MotoGP edition. The new variant of the SF250 will take place sometime in the month of August. With the standard variant of the Gixxer SF 250 priced at Rs 1.70 lakh, we can expect prices of the 250cc MotoGP edition to increase by a similar margin as well.
Thoughts On The Suzuki Gixxer SF MotoGP Edition
The Suzuki Gixxer SF MotoGP edition was confirmed at the time of launch of the 2019 model. The Suzuki Gixxer SF continues to rival the likes of the Yamaha R15, KTM RC125 and the Bajaj Pulsar RS200 in the Indian market.