- 12 hrs ago Best-Selling Cars In India In May 2020: Auto Industry Witnesses Major Reshuffling Post Lockdown
- 12 hrs ago Honda City & Amaze Discounts, Exchange Bonuses & Other Benefits In June 2020
- 13 hrs ago Kawasaki Ninja 650 BS6 Models Arrives At Dealerships: Deliveries To Begin Soon
- 13 hrs ago MG Hector Plus Spied Testing In India Ahead Of India Launch Soon: Spy Pics & Details
- Finance International Air Travel Once Situation Normalizes: Civil Aviation Minister
- News 'Grieved and shocked': Ratan Tata shares moving post on pregnant elephant killed in Kerala
- Movies Paatal Lok Producer Anushka Sharma Says She Has Always Chased Unique Stories
- Sports Muhammad Ali: The night 'The Greatest' shuffled towards perfection
- Technology Reliance Jio Might Get Rs. 7, 536 Crore Investment Soon: Report
- Lifestyle What Are The Potential Warning Signs of Stomach Cancer?
- Travel Post Lockdown Travel List: Hotspots In Spain
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
The Gixxer SF 250 is a fully-faired motorcycle that marked Suzuki's return to the 250cc segment, but Suzuki didn't intend to stop there. Just as the fully-faired Gixxer SF 150 has a naked streetfighter sibling in the Gixxer 150, it was known that the fully-faired Gixxer SF 250 would also get a naked, streetfighter sibling in the Gixxer 250.
However, it was unclear as to when the Suzuki Gixxer 250 would actually be launched in India. Now though, pictures of the Gixxer 250 have surfaced online and this shows that the motorcycle will be launched soon.
It will try to have a styling that is similar to the new Gixxer SF 250, obviously without the full fairing. The images posted by Motoroids show the motorcycle with a bikini fairing, just as expected on a naked motorcycle like this.
The Suzuki Gixxer 250 sports the same stylish 17-inch alloy wheels as the SF 250. However, one of the images reveal that Suzuki would be going for a more muscular look on the Gixxer 250 as compared to the sleek and slender styling on the SF 250.
The Suzuki Gixxer 250 will feature sleek LED headlamps that will most probably be the same unit seen on the SF 250. It will come with clip-on handlebars, split-seat, LED tail lamp, rear tyre hugger and a digital instrument cluster.
The streetfighter motorcycle will be powered by the same oil-cooled, 250cc, single cylinder engine as the Gixxer SF 250. It produces a maximum power output of 26.5bhp at 9,000rpm and a peak torque output of 22.6Nm at 7,500rpm. A 6-speed gearbox handles transmission duties.
This is a brilliant engine and you can read more about it and its performance in our Suzuki Gixxer SF 250 first ride review where we put it through its paces. The Gixxer SF 250 handled brilliantly as well.
It remains to be seen if Suzuki would change the riding position and or engine or suspension settings to suit the streetfighter segment the Gixxer 250 will slot into. It will feature the same front and rear disc brake setup from Bybre combined with a dual-channel ABS system.
Suspension duties are handled by a telescopic fork up front and a monoshock at the rear. The Suzuki Gixxer 250 will weigh slightly lower than the Gixxer SF 250 and will also cost slightly lower than its fully-faired twin which costs Rs 1.70 lakh (ex-showroom).
Thoughts On Suzuki Gixxer 250 Images Leaked — Launching Soon?
The Suzuki Gixxer SF 250 is a brilliant motorcycle and is very desirable. However, it is the naked motorcycle that will be a hoot to ride out on the streets and it is for this very reason that we are looking forward to the launch of the Suzuki Gixxer 250. It will compete with the likes of the KTM 250 Duke and the Yamaha FZ 25.