- 50 min ago Ford Increases The Price Of The BS6 Endeavour For The Indian Market: Details & Specifications
- 1 hr ago 2020 Mahindra Thar Interiors Spotted Ahead Of Unveil On August 15: Spy Pics & Other Details
- 3 hrs ago Prices For The New CBR1000RR-R Fireblade And Fireblade SP Will Leave You Surprised
- 4 hrs ago Kia Sonet SUV Review (First Look): Can It Replicate The Success Of its Larger Sibling In India?
- News Delhi sexual assault case: 12-year-old remains critical, may need Neurosurgery, says AIIMS
- Movies Did Vanitha Vijaykumar Take An Indirect Dig At Meera Mitun’s Degrading Remarks On Popular Actors?
- Sports BCCI, ECB agree to postpone England's white ball tour to India to early 2021, new trip to include Tests
- Lifestyle 12 Simple And Effective Ways To Use Rose Water For Acne
- Technology How To Enable 90FPS Mode In PUBG Mobile On OnePlus Smartphones
- Travel 10 Incredible Places To Visit In Tamil Nadu In August 2020
- Finance RBI To Offer Offline Payments Via Cards, Wallets, Mobiles: Here's How It Works
- Education Kargil Vijay Diwas Quotes In English For Students
Suzuki intends launching the 250 cc naked roadster within the next few months. We expect the motorcycle to be called the Gixxer 250, and expect to see it launched around the Diwali time. The upcoming Gixxer 250 will feature similarities with the recently launched Gixxer SF 250.
According to IndianAutosBlog, the upcoming 250 naked roadster, or the Suzuki Gixxer 250 is expected to feature LED headlights and tail lamps, a fully digital instrument console, a split-saddle, a two-piece pillion grab rail and a dual-channel ABS.
The ergonomics are expected to see a revision, and the motorcycle will feature a single piece handlebar that is more in tune with the naked roadster look of the motorcycle. In addition, the riding stance will be upright.
The engine featured on the Gixxer 250 will be the same one that is present on the Suzuki Gixxer SF 250. It will be a 249cc single-cylinder, 4-valve, SOHC, fuel-injected engine that features the Suzuki Oil Cooling System. The engine will be mated to a six-speed manual transmission.
Suzuki wants to launch the motorcycle within the next few months so there is a high possibility that the Gixxer 250 will feature a BS-VI compliant engine. It may be noted that the Gixxer SF 250 was launched with a BS-IV compliant engine with plans to upgrade to a BS-VI in a few months. The current BS-IV version delivers 26.5bhp of power @ 9000rpm and 22.6Nm of torque @ 7,500 rpm.
Braking duties will most likely be handled by disc brakes at both ends, and ABS will be offered as a standard. The upcoming Suzuki Gixxer 250 will feature conventional telescopic forks at the front and a mono-shock at the rear. The wheels are expected to be the same as those featured on the SF 250. The motorcycle will also feature 110/70R-17M/C front and 150/60R-17M/C rear radial tubeless tyres.
The naked roadster is expected to be lighter than the Gixxer SF 250, and may feature a kerb weight of about 158 kilograms. While we definitely do not have pricing details so far away from launch, we expect the Suzuki Gixxer 250 to be priced at about Rs 1.65 lakh ex-showroom (India).
Thoughts About The Upcoming Suzuki 250 Naked Roadster
We saw this coming. We all saw it coming. The next step after launching a sport-styled motorcycle is to launch a naked roadster variant. So we're expecting same engine performance but with slightly different ergonomics. Good thing for the folks who prefer an upright riding position instead of a lean in one.