- 59 min ago Bajaj Pulsar NS200 Expected To Receive New Colour Scheme: Teased Ahead Of Launch
- 2 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki WagonR CNG Production Crosses 3 Lakh Unit Mark: New Milestone Achieved
- 4 hrs ago MG ZS EV To Launch In 10 New Cities Soon: Teaser Video & Details
- 5 hrs ago Ather 450X Collector’s Edition E-Scooter Unveiled: A Special-Edition 450X For The Enthusiasts!
- News Does Centre have Rs 80,000 crore for COVID-19 vaccine, asks SII's Adar Poonawalla
- Sports IPL 2020: Jos Buttler excited to be back
- Technology Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 India Pre-order Date, Price Revealed
- Movies Manjinder Singh Sirsa On Kshitij's Arrest: Asks How Many Top Stars Will Help Expose Bollywood
- Lifestyle Blurred Lips Trend Is On The Rise! Here’s How To Get It In 5 Easy Steps
- Finance 3 IPOs And 2 Listings Ahead
- Education AP ICET Results 2020 Declared, Check At sche.ap.gov.in
- Travel Best Places To Visit In South India In October
A superbike group's ride met with opposition by a passer-by who was clearly annoyed with the sound of the loud exhaust systems installed on the bikes. The incident took place in Madhya Pradesh on 02 October when the group of superbike riders set out for a leisurely ride.
Superbikes are now, not a very rare sight in India. As the market has opened up to new players, more and more manufacturers are launching performance motorcycles and there are people queuing up to buy them as well.
Along with buying a superbike comes the camaraderie and brotherhood among bikers and almost all riders soon join biking groups. These biking groups head out for rides at every given opportunity.
This particular group of bikers in Bhopal saw 02 October as an opportunity for a leisurely ride within the city as it was a public holiday on account of Gandhi Jayanti. Sure enough, the roads were relatively empty and the group was enjoying the ride.
A video of the ride was recorded on an action cam by Magician ad, a popular Vlogger on YouTube. A few minutes into the video, the bikers stop at a scenic point to take a picture and this is exactly where the problem started.
Thanks to the absence of traffic, the bikers stop in the middle of the road to take a group picture. A man walks up to the front of the group and starts talking to the bikers up front, who he presumed were leading the pack.
Magician ad gets off his Honda CBR 650R and walks up to the front of the group and it is only then that we hear what the man is saying. The passer-by was accusing the superbike group of creating violence.
The bikers immediately ask him what violence were they causing. The bikers then explain that they had stopped to take a picture which would barely take two minutes and then they would be on their way. The man leaves the scene and within a few seconds, the superbike group too leaves. The incident could have turned violent, but it thankfully didn't.
Superbikes attract a lot of attention by their very nature. They are large, are painted in attractive colours and decked with graphics and decals and adding to it all is the sound they produce. Almost all superbikes are powered by engines with high-compression and when paired to an aftermarket exhaust, they produce a lot of noise.
This noise is pure joy to a petrolhead but a racket to passers-by and non-enthusiastic folks. This video shows a large group of superbikes riding through roads in the city. Several of these bikes had aftermarket exhaust systems installed on them.
All of them put together were extremely loud and hence irritated the passer-by who looked like he had come for a walk or jog on that scenic stretch of road. After giving the bikers an earful and receiving an apt response, the angry man walked away from the scene and the bikers continued on their ride.
Thoughts On Superbike Riders Being Blamed For Creating Violence With Loud Exhausts
Superbikes are attention magnets. Most of the time, they do attract positive and joyous people but sometimes, they also attract negative and jealous people. The passer-by could have just carried on with his walk and the bikers would have left the scene in a couple of minutes.
He however decided that he had to say something about these bikes and that led to an argument. Situations like these can easily turn nasty and ‘violent' in an instance, so it is better to avoid arguments and road rage at all costs.