- 2 min ago Emflux Two And Two+ Electric Motorcycle Teaser Reveals Performance And Range Figures
- 20 min ago New Hyundai Grand i10 Nios Starts Arriving At Dealerships: Launch On 20th August
- 41 min ago Nissan Kicks & Datsun Go And Go Plus Models To Get Automatic Transmissions
- 3 hrs ago Toyota C-HR Hybrid SUV Spied Testing In India: Another Hybrid For Indian Market?
- Movies Shilpa Shetty Rejects Rs 10 Crore Offer To Act In Slimming Pill Commercial
- News Hilarious! Google shows Pak PM Imran Khan on searching beggar or ‘bhikari'
- Finance Pokemon Cards Sold For Over $1,00,000 In An Online Auction
- Technology YouTube Originals Will Be Free For All From September 24
- Sports Former South Africa coach Domingo lands Bangladesh job
- Lifestyle Alia Bhatt Keeps It Chic And Sassy For The Prada Song Launch
- Education CA IPCC Result 2019 Likely To Be Announced On Aug 23 Or 24
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
Royal Enfield sales for the month of June 2019, showcases a slowdown; in trend with the current auto industry in the country. The Chennai-based bike manufacturer has recorded a decline of 24 per cent in the month of June 2019.
For a better understanding, here is a model-wise break-up of the sales performance from each of the products from the Royal Enfield lineup.
|Royal Enfield||Jun-19 ||Jun-18 ||YoY Diff % |
|Bullet 350||10,000 ||10,044 ||-0.44 |
|Classic 350||33,790 ||50,426 ||-32.99 |
|Electra 350||2,694 ||2,985 ||-9.75 |
|Thunderbird 350||4,749 ||5,232 ||-9.23 |
|Thunderbird 500||97 ||347 ||-72.05 |
|Bullet 500 ||138 ||284 ||-51.41 |
|Himalayan ||1,223 ||942 ||29.83 |
|Classic 500 ||640 ||2,328 ||-72.51 |
|650 Twins ||1,751 ||- ||- |
As seen from the table, most of the Royal Enfield models have been witnessing a slowdown in demand; some more than others. This includes popular models such as the Classic 350, whose sales have declined by 33 per cent from 50,426 units in June 2018 to 33,790 units in the previous month.
Other models witnessing a major decline are the Thunderbird 350 & 500, Classic 500 and the Electra 350. While the Electra and Thunderbird 350 models have declined by just around 9 per cent; the Thunderbird 500 has witnessed a 72 per cent drop in sales to just 97 units in June 2019 from 347 in the same month last year.
The Royal Enfield Bullet 500 also has a similar decline of 51 per cent from 285 to 138 units in June 2018 and June 2019, respectively. The Bullet 350 though, has managed to keep the sales consistent dropping just 0.44 per cent in sales from 10,044 units in June 2018 to 10,000 units last month.
Even the popular, Royal Enfield 650-Twins (Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650) are witnessing a drop in sales. The month-on-month sales of the 650-Twins dropped by 27 per cent. The motorcycles recorded 1,751 units of sales in June 2019, 27 per cent less than 2,427 units in May 2019.
The Royal Enfield Himalayan, however, is the only product from the brand to have recorded a growth in sales; that too by a significant margin of 29 per cent.
The adventure-tourer offering from Royal Enfield, which recorded sales of just 942 units in June 2018, has grown to 1223 units during the same month in June 2019. This can be attributed to the growing popularity of the ADV segment in the Indian market.
Thoughts On The Royal Enfield Model-Wise Sales Break-Up For June 2019
The auto industry is currently in a slump, with sales of both two and four-wheelers taking a major hit in the past couple of months. However, most automakers are predicting that the industry will soon get back to normal, closer to the year's festive seasons.