- 22 hrs ago Kia Carnival Review (First Drive): Extravagant On Space, Feature-Loaded And BSVI-Compliant
- 1 day ago MG ZS Electric SUV Registers 2,800 Units In Bookings Within 27 Days Of Unveil
- 1 day ago Amazon Introduces Three And Four Wheeler EVs For Product Delivery
- 1 day ago Hyundai Aura Launched Starting At Rs 5.80 Lakh: Bookings Open At Rs 10,000
- Sports ISL 2019-20: Chennaiyin FC vs Jamshedpur FC: Preview, Team News, Dream11, Fantasy Tips, Prediction, TV Info
- News Left-wing students protest outside Victoria Memorial as BJP MP addresses at Kolkata Literary meet
- Lifestyle 11 Health Benefits Of Doing Pushups Daily
- Movies Kiccha Sudeep Wraps Up The Shoot Of Kotigobba 3; The Movie Is All Set For A Summer 2020 Release
- Technology Asus ROG Zephyrus G14 Hands-On: 14" Portable Gaming Laptop With AMD’s Latest Ryzen 4000 Series CPU
- Finance Budget 2020: Govt May Tweak 5% Tax Slab To Include Upto Rs 7 Lakh Income
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Jammu and Kashmir In 2020
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
Royal Enfield is said to be working on an all-electric motorcycle for the Indian market. The new Royal Enfield electric motorcycle is currently in its very early stages and will take a couple of years to be introduced in the market.
Vinod Dasari, CEO, Royal Enfield recently confirmed that the company is working on developing an all-electric bike for the Indian market. Speaking to ET Auto, he stated, "Most of our capex will go into capability building, new products, electric and other stuff."
Note: Images used are for representational purposes only
The company had also confirmed earlier that they will be investing an additional Rs 700 crores in the future. This new investment will go into the development of new platforms for future products from the brand. We expect that at least a part of this investment will be towards the development of the electric motorcycle as well.
However, there is no information at the moment regarding the new Royal Enfield electric motorcycle. The electric motorcycle project still seems to be in its nascent stages, with more official information yet to come up in the future.
Dasari also stated that the company is looking at double-digit growth in the coming months. He stated that the auto industry decline is nearing its end, which indicates an improvement in sales in the near future.
Royal Enfield sales have been declining month-on-month from the start of 2019. The company even registered sales of less than 50,000 units for the first time in three years (in the month of July 2019).
However, the steady demand for Royal Enfield motorcycles in both India and international markets has helped the brand stay afloat. There is also a good demand for the Royal Enfield 650-Twins: Continental GT 650 and Interceptor 650. The two motorcycles were launched last year in November and since then have been bringing consistent volume sales from both Indian and international markets.
The company also unveiled its custom Himalayan Flat Tracker at the recently concluded Rider Mania 2019 event. The Royal Enfield Himalayan Flat Tracker has been built by S&S Cycles; a United States-based company — here are the details.
Thoughts On The Royal Enfield Electric Motorcycle
Royal Enfield has become a household name in the Indian market. The Chennai-based brand brings in consistent volume sales month-on-month, through its 350cc cruiser offerings. The thought of an electric motorcycle though does sound good, however, the signature 'thump' might be missed by RE enthusiasts.