- 9 hrs ago 2020 TVS Apache RR310 Review: From Race-Track To The Roads!
- 10 hrs ago MG ZS Petrol Model Likely To Launch Next Year In India: Will It Be The Brand’s Fourth Model?
- 12 hrs ago Mercedes-Benz EQC India Launch Timeline Announced: To Arrive Next Month
- 12 hrs ago 2021 Range Rover & Range Rover Sport Prices Announced: Starts At Rs 88.24 Lakh
- Movies Kaun Banega Crorepati Lottery Message Promising 25 Lakh On Whatsapp Messenger Is Fake
- Sports Rohit Sharma pats Kieron Pollard, Ishan Kishan for keeping Mumbai Indians in the match
- News Sonia Gandhi urges Congress-ruled states to pass laws to negate central farm acts
- Finance RBI May Hold MPC Meet As Early As Next Week
- Lifestyle World Heart Day 2020: Best Foods To Prevent The Risk Of Heart Diseases In Diabetics
- Technology Oppo Reno4 F Officially Teased; Launch Set For October, 2020
- Education CLAT Answer Key 2020: Check Provisional Answer Key
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Himachal Pradesh In October 2020
Pune based Tork Motors is gearing up to launch its first product for the Indian market - the T6X all-electric motorcycle. The company has been funded by Bharat Forge in the past and now has a fresh amount of funds from Mr Ratan Tata, the Chairman at Tata Sons.
Tork Motors is about to launch its ‘home-made' electric vehicle which is a result of years of extensive research and development. Powered fully by Lithium-ion batteries, the T6X has been designed to touch a top speed of 100kmph, and deliver 100 kilometers on a single charge.
The motorcycle features a fast-charge battery that can be charged up-to 80% in an hour. It features the company's signature (TIROS) Tork Intuitive Response Operating System — an artificial intelligence system that are the brains behind the driven-technology on the T6X.
The artificial intelligence system is designed to provide analysis' and compilation of data from every ride, provide power management, provide real time power consumption and range forecasts — basically TIROS studies, and learns from how the motorcycle is ridden.
Mr. Ratan Tata said, "In last few years, there has been a sea of changes in the attitude towards electric vehicles. This industry is changing rapidly and I place good value on the sound logic and the approach that the team at Tork Motors has taken. Overall, I am very impressed and feel that this is the kind of spirit that should be present in every Indian entrepreneur."
The Tork T6X was unveiled in 2016 and was slated to become the country's first fully-electric motorcycle. However, the company face challenges and decided to develop the product more before a commercial launch.
Over 90% of the T6X motorcycle is made in India. The stand alone component that is imported is the Lithium-ion batteries. There is no information about pricing for the T6X, but we expect the motorcycle to be priced at about where Revolt has their pricing (Rs 99,000 ex-showroom, Delhi).
There also is the possibility that the company can offer the T6X will be offered over a long term EMI scheme.
Thoughts About Ratan Tata Investing In Tork Motors
We assume that Tork Motors has a fantastic product to offer, simply because Mr Ratan Tata only invests in projects he believes benefit both the consumer and the nation (at least for the first year after launch). Kudos to the Tork Motors team for pulling this off.