- 52 min ago Royal Enfield Bullet 350 Prices Hiked By Up To Rs 4000: Prices Now Starting At Rs 1.14 Lakh
- 16 hrs ago Spy Pics: Hyundai i20 To Feature Sunroof, New Alloy Wheels, And More
- 16 hrs ago Delhi Odd Even Scheme: To Be Extended If Needed Says Arvind Kejriwal
- 17 hrs ago Toyota Mobility Foundation Partners With WRI For New Mobility Solution In India
- News Sabarimala: Justice Indu Malhotra who recorded dissent in 2018, today delivered majority verdict
- Technology Vivo S5 With Penta Lens Camera To Launch Today: Specifications And Price
- Movies Mardaani 2 Trailer: Rani Mukerji's Shivani Roy Sets Out On A Bone-chilling Chase!
- Sports Ritu Phogat: I’m coming for the One Championship World Title
- Finance You Can Now Give An Address Other Than That On Your Aadhaar For Bank KYC
- Education Delhi Nursery Admission 2020-21: Explore Admission Schedule And Registration Details
- Lifestyle Exclusive: What Leads To A Tiff Between Best Friends? Real People Share Their Stories
- Travel Kalady – The Land Of Holy Shrines
Pune based Tork Motors is gearing up to launch its first product for the Indian market - the T6X all-electric motorcycle. The company has been funded by Bharat Forge in the past and now has a fresh amount of funds from Mr Ratan Tata, the Chairman at Tata Sons.
Tork Motors is about to launch its ‘home-made' electric vehicle which is a result of years of extensive research and development. Powered fully by Lithium-ion batteries, the T6X has been designed to touch a top speed of 100kmph, and deliver 100 kilometers on a single charge.
The motorcycle features a fast-charge battery that can be charged up-to 80% in an hour. It features the company's signature (TIROS) Tork Intuitive Response Operating System — an artificial intelligence system that are the brains behind the driven-technology on the T6X.
The artificial intelligence system is designed to provide analysis' and compilation of data from every ride, provide power management, provide real time power consumption and range forecasts — basically TIROS studies, and learns from how the motorcycle is ridden.
Mr. Ratan Tata said, "In last few years, there has been a sea of changes in the attitude towards electric vehicles. This industry is changing rapidly and I place good value on the sound logic and the approach that the team at Tork Motors has taken. Overall, I am very impressed and feel that this is the kind of spirit that should be present in every Indian entrepreneur."
The Tork T6X was unveiled in 2016 and was slated to become the country's first fully-electric motorcycle. However, the company face challenges and decided to develop the product more before a commercial launch.
Over 90% of the T6X motorcycle is made in India. The stand alone component that is imported is the Lithium-ion batteries. There is no information about pricing for the T6X, but we expect the motorcycle to be priced at about where Revolt has their pricing (Rs 99,000 ex-showroom, Delhi).
There also is the possibility that the company can offer the T6X will be offered over a long term EMI scheme.
Thoughts About Ratan Tata Investing In Tork Motors
We assume that Tork Motors has a fantastic product to offer, simply because Mr Ratan Tata only invests in projects he believes benefit both the consumer and the nation (at least for the first year after launch). Kudos to the Tork Motors team for pulling this off.