- 21 hrs ago 2021 Mahindra XUV500 SUV Spotted Testing Revealing Few Features: Spy Pics & Details
- 1 day ago Maruti Suzuki Jimny Exclusive Production Hub In India: Here Are All Details
- 1 day ago Bajaj Pulsar NS200 Expected To Receive New Colour Scheme: Teased Ahead Of Launch
- 1 day ago Maruti Suzuki WagonR CNG Production Crosses 3 Lakh Unit Mark: New Milestone Achieved
- Education Supreme Court Decision On UPSC Civil Services Exam 2020, Check Latest News
- Sports Twitter reacts to Tewatia blitz! Yuvi relieved that Tewatia missed one ball
- News Karnataka bandh today over farm bills; Measures taken to ensure normalcy, says govt
- Movies Jayam Ravi's Bhoomi To Go The Direct OTT Way?
- Technology Week 41, 2020 Launch Roundup: OPPO Reno4 SE, Nokia 3.4, Moto E7 Plus, Vivo V20 SE And More
- Finance Sharekhan Places A "Buy" Call On Tech Mahindra
- Lifestyle Nora Fatehi Transforms Herself Into A Barbie Doll Of 2099 And Creates Buzz With Her All-Purple Look
- Travel Best Places To Visit In South India In October
Orxa Energies revealed the Mantis electric performance motorcycle at India Bike Week 2019. The electric performance motorcycle from Bangalore-based EV start-up Orxa Energies was revealed to biking enthusiasts at the sixth edition of India Bike Week.
India Bike Week is one of the go-to destinations for bikers from around the country thanks to the atmosphere it provides. It is the largest motorcycling fest in India and thousands throng the venue. However, electric vehicles are a rare sight at IBW.
What one will find in abundance are joy-bringing, rev-happy machines bouncing off the rev-limiter. However, given the direction in which the automotive industry across the world is heading, electric vehicles must start making appearances at such events too. Hence, it was befitting for the Orxa Mantis to be revealed at IBW 2019.
Orxa Energies is a Bangalore-based EV start-up founded in 2015 and is part of the Airbus BizLab acceleration program that supports entrepreneurs. Its founders Ranjita Ravi and Prajwal Sabnis came together to set up the company with a vision to develop an electric performance motorcycle.
The vision is coming to reality through the Orxa Mantis. The Orxa Mantis is a unique motorcycle and stands out when it comes to the design styling. Up front, it features twin projector headlamps with the projector units exposed. Under the projectors are two extensions.
The bodywork near the tank, fairing and rear-end are all sharp and edgy. Orxa did not reveal details of the powertrain used in the Mantis, but did mention that it will have brilliant performance figures.
Orxa claims that the Mantis will have a top speed of around 140km/h and a range of 200 kilometres on one fully-charged battery. The six batteries in the motorcycle can all be charged from 0-100 percent in around four hours.
The Orxa Mantis features battery-swapping technology. It's side panels are motorised and open to reveal the batteries which can then be swapped if required. It will be a connected motorcycle with a digital instrument cluster that connects to a smartphone app to relay motorcycle and ride statistics. Orxa also said that it has developed a lithium-ion battery pack which can also be supplied to other companies.
Thoughts On Orxa Mantis Electric Motorcycle Being Revealed At India Bike Week 2019
The Orxa Mantis looks unique and going by the number of technologies that it features, will actually stand out amidst competition. There is no word on the launch date yet, but it should be an interesting motorcycle once launched.