- 2 hrs ago MG Will Showcase A Total Of 14 Models At The 2020 Auto Expo: Future Of Mobility
- 5 hrs ago TVS Apache RR310 BS6 Is Expected To Launch On 25th Of January
- 7 hrs ago Dakar 2020 Stage 12 Highlights: Ricky Brabec Wins The Rally
- 8 hrs ago Royal Enfield Himalayan BS6 Snapped Undisguised: India Launch Expected In The Coming Days
- Sports ISL 2019-20: Mumbai City do the double over clumsy Bengaluru FC
- Movies Chhapaak BTS Video: Deepika Padukone Transforms Into Malti, Meets Laxmi Agarwal For The First Time
- News Let Hyperloop be implemented abroad first: Maharashtra govt
- Lifestyle Common Myths And Its Facts About Diabetes
- Technology Poco F1 Gets Up To Rs. 10,000 Discount During Amazon Great Indian Sale 2020
- Finance Reliance Announces Q3 Results; Net Profit Climbs 13%
- Education Tanmatra: A Women Leadership Programme From IIM Bangalore
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Delhi In 2020
Orxa Energies revealed the Mantis electric performance motorcycle at India Bike Week 2019. The electric performance motorcycle from Bangalore-based EV start-up Orxa Energies was revealed to biking enthusiasts at the sixth edition of India Bike Week.
India Bike Week is one of the go-to destinations for bikers from around the country thanks to the atmosphere it provides. It is the largest motorcycling fest in India and thousands throng the venue. However, electric vehicles are a rare sight at IBW.
What one will find in abundance are joy-bringing, rev-happy machines bouncing off the rev-limiter. However, given the direction in which the automotive industry across the world is heading, electric vehicles must start making appearances at such events too. Hence, it was befitting for the Orxa Mantis to be revealed at IBW 2019.
Orxa Energies is a Bangalore-based EV start-up founded in 2015 and is part of the Airbus BizLab acceleration program that supports entrepreneurs. Its founders Ranjita Ravi and Prajwal Sabnis came together to set up the company with a vision to develop an electric performance motorcycle.
The vision is coming to reality through the Orxa Mantis. The Orxa Mantis is a unique motorcycle and stands out when it comes to the design styling. Up front, it features twin projector headlamps with the projector units exposed. Under the projectors are two extensions.
The bodywork near the tank, fairing and rear-end are all sharp and edgy. Orxa did not reveal details of the powertrain used in the Mantis, but did mention that it will have brilliant performance figures.
Orxa claims that the Mantis will have a top speed of around 140km/h and a range of 200 kilometres on one fully-charged battery. The six batteries in the motorcycle can all be charged from 0-100 percent in around four hours.
The Orxa Mantis features battery-swapping technology. It's side panels are motorised and open to reveal the batteries which can then be swapped if required. It will be a connected motorcycle with a digital instrument cluster that connects to a smartphone app to relay motorcycle and ride statistics. Orxa also said that it has developed a lithium-ion battery pack which can also be supplied to other companies.
Thoughts On Orxa Mantis Electric Motorcycle Being Revealed At India Bike Week 2019
The Orxa Mantis looks unique and going by the number of technologies that it features, will actually stand out amidst competition. There is no word on the launch date yet, but it should be an interesting motorcycle once launched.