- 2 hrs ago Okinawa Offers Special Discounts On Their Electric Scooter Range This Festive Season
- 3 hrs ago New Bugatti Centodieci Unveiled: Pays Homage To 110 Years Of Bugatti & The Iconic EB110
- 4 hrs ago Emflux Two And Two+ Electric Motorcycle Teaser Reveals Performance And Range Figures
- 5 hrs ago New Hyundai Grand i10 Nios Starts Arriving At Dealerships: Launch On 20th August
- Sports PKL 2019: Bengaluru Bulls humble hosts Tamil Thalaivas
- News Watch: Modi visits historic Simtoka Dzong in Bhutan, offers prayers
- Movies Ananya Pandey Got 500 Rupees From ‘Pati Patni Aur Woh’ Director For Giving A Good Shot!
- Technology Browser Extensions For Online Security
- Finance Pokemon Cards Sold For Over $1,00,000 In An Online Auction
- Lifestyle Alia Bhatt Keeps It Chic And Sassy For The Prada Song Launch
- Education CA IPCC Result 2019 Likely To Be Announced On Aug 23 Or 24
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
Okinawa electric scooters' prices have dropped post reduction in GST on electric vehicles. Okinawa has slashed prices of its entire range of electric scooters a few days after the government reduced GST on electric vehicles. The Indian EV manufacturer hopes that the price cut would result in an increase in sales.
Electric vehicles are here to stay, and almost everyone knows that the future is electric. EV manufacturers have for a long time been trying to make motorists switch from petrol-powered vehicles to the ones powered by electricity.
This however, has not happened to the extent that manufacturers would have liked it to. The government too introduced initiatives like FAME (Faster Adoption & Manufacturing of Electric Vehicles).
Recently, the government took yet another major step and this step has certainly helped the EV industry grow. The government reduced GST on electric vehicles from 12 percent to 5 percent, thereby making EVs less expensive to buy. EV manufacturers welcomed the decision with open arms.
What followed was a cascading effect that led one manufacturer after another to reduce prices of their electric vehicles. Hyundai announced a price cut on the Kona Electric, prices of the Ather 450 were slashed and now Okinawa Scooters has announced a price cut.
Prices of Okinawa scooters powered by a lead-acid battery have seen price reduction in the range of Rs 2,500 - Rs 4,700. The scooters powered by a Lithium-ion battery see a greater price reduction of between Rs 3,400 - Rs 8,600.
Mr. Jeetender Sharma, Founder & Managing Director, Okinawa Autotech Pvt. Ltd. said, "This latest concession for sustainable mobility has reduced the price gap between the EVs and the IC engine vehicles. Rising affordability will foster faster adoption of electric vehicles."
"The GST rate cut has reduced the ex-showroom prices of electric two-wheelers in India and is expected to increase demand for cleaner vehicles. We are confident that it would encourage more and more people to look at electric vehicles as a viable option."
The statement by Okinawa also mentioned that the reduction in GST on EV chargers from 18 percent to 5 percent would help further the EV cause. Okinawa Autotech is an Indian electric vehicle manufacturer headquartered in Gurugram. It currently sells seven electric scooters in the Indian market, priced between Rs 42,400 and Rs 1,15,000.
Thoughts On Okinawa Announcing Price cut Of Upto Rs 8,400 On Its Electric Scooters
The EV industry in India is growing at a faster rate than ever before. Okinawa is one of the key players in the electric two-wheeler industry. With this price cut, Okinawa will be hoping for better sales numbers and it might just get what it hopes for.