- 1 hr ago Mahindra Bolero Pick-Up Range Crosses 15 Lakh Production Units Milestone
- 1 hr ago Suzuki Jimny India Launch Confirmed For Late-2019: Might Be Rebadged As Gypsy For Indian Market
- 5 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Seeking Tax Relief For Hybrid And CNG Vehicles To Promote Sales Over Electric Vehicles
- 5 hrs ago Hero Electric Optima ER & Nyx ER Electric Scooters Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 68,721
- News All former MPs asked to vacate govt bungalows in 7 days; power and water to be stopped
- Sports KL Rahul opens up on his link up rumours with Bollywood actresses, makes a bold statement
- Movies Amitabh Bachchan Gets REAL About Suffering From Tuebrculosis; Says He Didn’t Know For 8 Years!
- Technology TRAI Seeks Views From Stakeholders On MNP
- Lifestyle Important Traits Required For A Strong Professional Relationship
- Education Karnataka PGCET 2019 Result On August 22; Check Counselling Schedule
- Finance FASTags Mandatory For Toll Payment On Highways Starting December 1
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
Öhlins suspension for the Royal Enfield Continental GT 650 and Interceptor 650 are now available in India. Premium suspension components manufacturer Öhlins is now offering sporty suspension options for the Royal Enfield 650 twins.
Royal Enfield launched the Continental GT 650 and Interceptor 650 models in India on 14 November, 2018. It seemed like the Indian market almost immediately fell in love with the 650 twins.
Royal Enfield soon received thousands of bookings and the models have been selling like there's no tomorrow. A few months after the launch, there was still a waiting period of five months, even in April 2019.
In the eight months of the existence of the RE 650 twins, several tuners have got access to the motorcycles and we have seen quite a few brilliantly modified motorcycles. The Continental GT 650 modified by Rajputana Customs is one such example.
What if one didn't want to modify the entire bike but only wanted to get the bike to handle better? Well, Öhlins has now got you covered on that one. Öhlins is a Swedish company set up in 1976. The founder Kenth Öhlin initially started off by building exhaust pipes, engines and suspension systems.
A few years later, the company stuck only to suspension systems and only got better at making them. Over the years, Öhlins went on to become OEM suppliers to the top motorcycle companies and race teams running Öhlins suspension won championships across different categories in motorsport.
Öhlins is quite simply the best suspension systems manufacturer for racing and road-going motorcycles in existence today. The recently revealed 2020 Yamaha YZF-R1M for example, rides on Öhlins suspension.
Such a reputed brand to launch suspension systems for the RE 650 twins only means that the Royal Enfield 650 twins have made quite an impact. Öhlins has launched the FSK 145 fork spring kit to be used in the front suspension and the RE911 or RE912 adjustable twin shocks at the rear for the Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650.
The suspension comes with several damping and height adjustment options, allowing the rider to set up the motorcycle perfectly.. The Royal Enfield Continental GT 650 and Interceptor 650 are both motorcycles that handle rather well. The Continental GT 650 more so, thanks to its cafe racer design.
However, we did find in our review of the Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 that the suspension was a little too soft at higher speeds and allowed a lot of wheel travel. For the more enthusiastic rider who is concerned about the bike's handling, this could be a downer. Öhlins now has the perfect suspension setup for your RE 650.
However, it does come at a rather steep price — Rs 19,000 for the FSK 145 fork spring kit and Rs 75,000 for the twin shock suspension setup at the rear. The price includes shipping and import duties.
The FSK 145 fork spring kit can also be used on other models like the Yamaha YZF-R3, Kawasaki Ninja 300R, Honda CBR 250R, Honda CB300R and even the Honda CB650F and Kawasaki ER-6N.
Thoughts On Öhlins Suspension For Royal Enfield Continental GT 650 Now Available In India
Öhlins is among the elite few when it comes to suspension systems. Öhlins going to the extent of making suspension for the RE 650 twins is great news for owners of the motorcycle. However, it has priced on the higher side and we do not see a lot of buyers for the suspension system.