- 20 hrs ago 2020 Hyundai Tucson Bookings Commences — All You Need To Know
- 1 day ago Hero Destini 125 BS6 Scooter Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 64,310
- 1 day ago Hyundai Verna Facelift Model Unveiled In Russia: India Bound Later This Year
- 1 day ago 2020 Ford Figo, Aspire & Freestyle BS6 Models Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 5.39 Lakh
- Sports Mayank Agarwal says Basin Reserve's tricky track was difficult to negotiate
- Movies Shilpa Shetty And Raj Kundra Welcome Baby Girl Samisha Shetty Kundra! First Picture Inside
- Education Top 20 Universities In Emerging Economies University Rankings 2020
- News Pro-Pakistan slogans: 'Woman charged with sedition had links with Naxals in the past'
- Technology Google Pixel 5 Expected To Launch With Reverse Wireless Charging Support
- Finance Gold Hits 7-Year High As Caronavirus Fears Persist
- Lifestyle Maha Shivratri 2020: Look Your Traditional Best With These Bollywood Divas-Inspired Saris
- Travel Top 6 Places To Visit In India To Observe Maha Shivratri!
Royal Enfield is said to be working on a new range of lightweight motorcycles for the Indian market. The new range of lightweight motorcycles from the brand is said to target first-time and women riders in the Indian market.
According to ET Auto, the new range of motorcycles from the brand will have a significant difference in weight compared to the current Classic, Bullet and Thunderbird models on sale in India.
Reports also suggest that the new range of bikes has been internally codenamed ‘J1C' and is expected to be sold under a new Explorer sub-brand.
The decision to offer lightweight motorcycles from the brand comes after having received a lot of feedback from women and young riders.
Royal Enfield hopes that the new lightweight motorcycle range will offer them more opportunities to attract women riders and first-time bikers in the country; especially in certain states like Goa, Maharashtra, Karnataka, Kerala & Chandigarh.
The new range of lightweight ‘Explorer' range from Royal Enfield is expected to go on sale from the first quarter of 2020. The motorcycles have been spied testing on multiple occasions as well.
Apart from the new lightweight range of motorcycles, Royal Enfield is also working on introducing BS6 updates to its current lineup of offerings in the country. Royal Enfield will start introducing BS6-compliant bikes in India from early-2020.
Many products such as the next-generation Thunderbird has also been spotted testing in the Indian market. The new Thunderbird will come with a BS6-compliant engine, along with a number of other updates in terms of design and features.
A spokesperson from Royal Enfield told ET Auto, "While we cannot comment about future product line-ups, we can confirm that at Royal Enfield, we assign huge focus on keeping our motorcycles accessible and approachable to all, in an endeavour to bring more people to experience pure leisure motorcycling."
Thoughts On The Royal Enfield Lightweight Motorcycle Range For India
Royal Enfield motorcycles till now have always been known to weigh roughly 200kg. This makes it a heavy motorcycle, compared to most of its rivals in the segment. However, the decision to introduce a new range of lightweight and accessible offerings will definitely a great move from the Chennai-based brand.