- 8 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Jimny Exclusive Production Hub In India: Here Are All Details
- 10 hrs ago Bajaj Pulsar NS200 Expected To Receive New Colour Scheme: Teased Ahead Of Launch
- 12 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki WagonR CNG Production Crosses 3 Lakh Unit Mark: New Milestone Achieved
- 14 hrs ago MG ZS EV To Launch In 10 New Cities Soon: Teaser Video & Details
- Sports Shubman Gill of Kolkata Knight Riders reveals secret of his batting success; Karthik, Morgan astonished
- News Congress no-confidence motion against Yediyurappa govt defeated
- Movies Tovino Thomas & Aishwarya Lekshmi To Team Up For Manu Ashokan's Kaanekkane
- Lifestyle Everything You Need To Know About The Buddhist Diet
- Technology Google Pixel 5 Launch Date Delayed: Will Now Make A Debut In October
- Finance 3 Ways To Play The Gold Theme As It Will Bounce Back
- Education AP ICET Results 2020 Declared, Check At sche.ap.gov.in
- Travel Best Places To Visit In South India In October
Japanese two-wheeler manufacturer Honda, plans to introduce new motorcycles in the Indian market within the next 18 months. The new motorcycle will be placed in the premium 300cc to 500cc segment, with an aim to rival Royal Enfield.
According to ET Auto the company will be setting up an independent network of 100 outlets, which includes 22 Big Wing outlets across major cities in the next 18 months as well. The company has also formed a 15 member team who will concentrate mainly on increase presence on the premium bike segment.
Honda plans to enter the mid-segment 300cc to 500cc category, which continues to eight lakh units sold per year in the Indian market. The mid-segment is currently led by Royal Enfield with having acquired 85% of the market share.
Other manufacturers have tried to capture the market share in the mid-segment before and challenge Royal Enfield, however, nobody could quite get next to Royal Enfield. Honda aims to challenge Royal Enfield with a different approach and a team selected carefully to deliver a specialised focus on performance bikes with dedicated, sales, marketing, branding and after sales support.
Yadvinder Singh Guleria, Sr VP, Sales & Marketing, Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India, said, The new approach to the premium bike business will be full of new energy and zeal than ever before, and the strategies will not be mixed with the mass market approach. The pricing for the new bikes will play a huge role in gaining success to the upcoming project from the company. This can be achieved by producing a model locally to make it viable.
Honda already sells 6 models that are being sold in the company's premium Big Wing dealerships in the country. The list includes CB300R, CB1000R, CBR1000RR Fireblade, CBR1000RR Fireblade SP, Africa Twin and the Gold Wing GL1800.
But, all these bikes are brought to India either through CKD (Completely Knocked Down) route or CBU (Completely Built Unit) route, because of which the prices are marginally high.
However, the company aims to change this with the upcoming project from Honda would see them manufacture and assemble bikes in India, which will help price the products aggressively. With this approach Honda aspires to acquire at least 10 per cent market share from the mid-segment motorcycle market.
Thought About The New Honda motorcycles To Be Introduced In India
Honda has a huge portfolio of motorcycles and scooters which are sold globally, with many models missing from the Indian line-up. However, with the upcoming project from the company, we hope that will be changed with Indian market getting introduced with locally produced Honda models adding to the line-up. How we wish the company would start with a locally produced CB300R to bring the price down.