- 3 hrs ago Steelbird Tyres Launches Puncture RSA Across India – Fix Your Flat With Ease
- 4 hrs ago India Proposes Electrifying All Two Wheelers Within 6 And 8 Years
- 5 hrs ago Mahindra Stops Production Of TUV300 Automatic — Five Speed Manual Option Only
- 6 hrs ago Suzuki To Stop Manufacturing Commuter Motorcycles – Will Cater To Performance Segment Only
- News Karnataka Lok Sabha Election Results 2019: Full List of Winners & Party Wise Results
- Movies When Prabhas Talked About Anushka Shetty’s Star Power Even Before Baahubali!
- Lifestyle 7 Fascinating Health Benefits Of Apple Cider Vinegar
- Technology Redmi K20 series price leaks ahead of launch
- Sports Arsenal want to win Europa League for Mkhitaryan, says Mustafi
- Finance Sensex At 45,000, Nifty At 13,500 By June 2020 On Modi's Return: Morgan Stanley
- Education SSLC Revaluation Result Kerala 2019: Direct Link To Check Result
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Honda Motorcycles India has launched the 2019 Africa Twin in India. The new 2019 Adventure-tourer is offered with a price tag of Rs 13.5 lakh, ex-showroom (India). Bookings for the new (2019) Honda Africa twin is now open, for the first 50 customers only.
The new Honda Africa Twin will be sold exclusively through the brand's 22 'Wing World' outlets in the country. With bookings open for the first 50 customers on a first come, first serve basis.
Yadvinder Singh Guleria, Senior VP, Sales & Marketing, HMSI Pvt. Ltd, stated:
"Since its Indian debut in 2017, the mighty Africa Twin has always seen high demand. The adventure seekers in India experienced the revolutionary DCT for the first time & were highly impressed with its unmatched performance. The 2019 Africa Twin takes the 'go anywhere' spirit one step ahead with its fresh new appearance. The proud Africa Twin tribe is growing and we are ready to welcome enthusiasts to the tribe."
The new Honda Africa Twin is now offered in a brand new paint scheme as well - Glint Wave Blue Metallic. Along with the new paint scheme, the 2019 Africa Twin also comes with Golden handlebars and wheel rims.
Honda has also equipped the new Africa Twin with a host of features and tech equipments. This includes Incline Detection, Honda Selectable Torque Control and Throttle-by-Wire. The new Africa Twin also comes with three-levels of power an engine-braking; as well as four riding modes - Tour, Urban, Gravel & User.
The 2019 Honda Africa Twin is powered by a 999.1cc parallel-twin liquid-cooled engine producing 87.7bhp at 7,500rpm and 93.1Nm of torque at 6,000rpm. It is further mated to a second-generation DCT (Dual-Clutch Transmission) gearbox.
The new 2019 version of the Adventure-tourer comes with Showa cartridge-type inverted front forks with pre-load adjustability on both wheels. The suspension can also be made either softer or stiffer, to aid better off-road capabilities. The ADV-tourer rides on 21-inch front wheels and 18-inch rear wheels and comes with dual-channel ABS as standard.
Thoughts On The 2019 Honda Africa Twin
The Honda Africa Twin has been one of the most popular ADV-offerings in the country, mainly due to its hassle-free DCT gearbox. In India, the Honda Africa Twin rival the likes of the Kawasaki Versys 1000, Suzuki V-Strom 1000 and the Ducati Multistrada 950.