- 1 hr ago Tesla Likely To Establish A Research Centre In Bengaluru: Read More To Find Out
- 17 hrs ago MG Hector Dual-Tone Variant Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 16.84 Lakh
- 19 hrs ago Tata Nexon EV Limited Time Subscription Offer Introduced During Festive Season
- 20 hrs ago MG Gloster Off-Road Capabilities Showcased Ahead Of Launch: Video & Other Details
- Sports Devdutt Padikkal story: 'You are in the playing XI' When Virat Kohli left young RCB batsman nervous
- Movies Yeh Rishtey Hain Pyaar Ke: Disappointed With The Show Going Off-Air, Fan Slits Wrist
- News With a scathing attack at the UN, India takes on Pakistan
- Technology OnePlus Nord Vs Samsung Galaxy M51: Is The Monster Worth The Hype?
- Finance Vodafone Idea Slips 7% On Reports That It May Need To Pay 10% AGR Dues By Mar
- Lifestyle To Fast Or Not To Fast! A Nutritionist’s View On Fasting, Its Benefits And Side Effects
- Education CBSE Class 12 Compartment Exam Date 2020 Schedule
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Andaman and Nicobar Islands In September
Details of the all-new Honda Activa 125 BS-VI fuel-injected scooter has appeared on Honda's website. The Honda Activa 125 Fi will become India's first BS-VI emissions norms compliant scooter when it is launched in the Indian market on 11 September, 2019.
It will also become the first BS-VI compliant two-wheeler to be launched in India. The Activa is one of the most successful scooter brands in the country and the scooter has its own fanbase. The Activa made its debut way back in 2001 with a single, 98cc variant.
Over the years though, Honda became an established brand in the Indian market and the Activa brand diverged into different variants. Alongside new generations of the Activa, Honda launched the Activa-i and Activa 125 to complement the brand.
The Activa 125 is not a scooter that sells in large numbers, but it is aimed at those seeking the reliability and reputation of the Activa, in a more sophisticated and premium package. Well, the all-new Activa 125 FI will certainly deliver that, and more.
India's first BS-VI compliant two-wheeler is loaded with features and Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India (HMSI) has updated its website with a separate page for the model. On the page, the company has enlisted all the features of the new scooter, a day before its launch.
The BS-VI Honda Activa 125 FI was revealed in June 2019, way ahead of the 01 April, 2020 deadline for BS-VI vehicles. It comes with several first-in-segment features that have now been listed out on Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India website.
The BS-VI scooter features external fuel filling, pass switch, front glove box, silent start, analogue-digital instrument cluster, idling stop system, side-stand engine immobiliser, LED lighting, etc.
On the design front, the scooter features a design that is similar to the outgoing Activa 125. However, upon looking closer, one can find several changes. Up front is a curvaceous mudguard and apron that houses the turn signal indicators and LED DRLs.
A thick chrome strip runs between the two LED DRLs, lending the front of the scooter a pleasant look. At the side too, the scooter boasts of well-placed chrome trim. It rides on stylish five-spoke alloy wheels finished in matte black.
The analogue bit of the instrument cluster displays just the speed. The digital bit displays quite a lot including real-time fuel efficiency, distance to empty, fuel gauge, odometer and trip meters. There is also a tell-tale indicator to show that the side stand is deployed and ignition to the engine is cut off in this case. The biggest change though, is under the body work.
The engine in the all-new Activa 125 FI is BS-VI emissions compliant, making it the first BS-VI scooter to be launched in India. It is an air-cooled, 125cc, single-cylinder, fuel-injected engine with a maximum power output of 8.4bhp and a peak torque output of 10.54Nm.
The engine comes with a silent start feature that uses a unique mechanism to turn the crankshaft a little backwards first before turning it the right way. This lets the engine start instantly and quietly. It also features Honda Idling Stop System that shuts off the engine at long traffic signals and it comes back to life when the rear brake lever is operated.
The Honda Activa 125 BS-VI is expected to be priced slightly higher than the current BS-IV model. The BS-IV model is expected to be on sale alongside the new model until March 2020
Thoughts On Honda Activa 125 BS-VI Being Listed On Website With Lengthy List Of Features
All two-wheelers will eventually be launched with BS-VI variants, but the Honda Activa 125 will always be remembered and spoken of as the first one. Kudos to Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India for launching a BS-VI model before everyone else.
A lot has been said about a steep increase in prices when it comes to BS-VI models. How steep will the prices be? We can only wait and find out once the scooter is launched. The Honda Activa 125 BS-VI will compete with the likes of the TVS NTorq 125 and Suzuki Access 125.