- 1 day ago Tata Motors Announces Discounts & Benefits Of Up To Rs 1.50 Lakh On Select Models
- 1 day ago Renault BS-VI Turbo-Petrol Engines Confirmed For India: Will Feature On The Duster & Captur SUVs
- 1 day ago KTM Increases Prices Of The Duke 125 & RC 125 Models In India
- 1 day ago Piaggo Hikes Prices Of Vespa & Aprilia Scooters In India: Also Offers Other Festive Benefits
- News Engineering Jobs: POWERGRID announces Executive Trainee vacancies; How to apply
- Movies WHAAT? Salman Khan's LIP-LOCK Scenes With Alia Bhatt Lead To Indifference Between Him & Mr Bhansali?
- Sports Pro Kabaddi League 2019: Match 94: Telugu Titans Vs Dabang Delhi: Dream 11 Prediction, Fantasy Tips
- Lifestyle Microcytic Anemia: Symptoms, Causes, Risk Factors, Treatment, And Prevention
- Technology Tata Sky On WhatsApp: Check Balance, Add Packs And More
- Finance Govt Employees Will Get Housing Advance At Lower Interest Rates
- Education HSSC Clerk Admit Card 2019 Released
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
Bookings for the new-generation litre-class superbike has unofficially begun in certain BMW Motorrad dealers across the country for an amount ranging around Rs 2 lakh. Deliveries of the 2019 BMW S 1000 RR is said to begin a few days after the launch of the motorcycle in the Indian market.
BMW Motorrad first unveiled the 2019 S 1000 RR last year at EICMA. The motorcycle comes with a number of design changes, the most prominent being the front LED headlamp unit. BMW has done away with the infamous asymmetrical headlamps and replaced them with twin LED lamps. The litre-class superbike offering from the German brand now also offers a much sharper, agile and compact look.
BMW has also updated the fairing on the motorcycle which offers a more open design; replacing the shark gill design from the older generation models. The motorcycle also comes with a brand new frame, the central part of which is exposed. The rear is simple with sleek LED tail lights flanked on either side by LED turn indicators.
The 2019 BMW S 1000 RR carries forward the same engine, however it has been re-tuned, making it more powerful than before. The engine comes in the form of a 999cc liquid-cooled in-line four-cylinder unit. It now produces 207bhp @ 13,500rpm (an increase of 8bhp) and 113Nm of torque @ 11,000rpm. It is further mated to a six-speed transmission with slipper-clutch and bi-directional quick-shifter as standard.
The engine is supported by a number of rider aids, this includes six-axis IMU, cornering ABS, dynamic traction control, hill-start assist and engine brake control. BMW also offers the 2019 S 1000 RR with four riding modes: Rain, Road, Race & Dynamic. Other features also include a fully-digital 6.5-inch TFT instrument cluster with smartphone connectivity through bluetooth.
Thoughts On The 2019 BMW S 1000 RR
The 2019 BMW S 1000 RR will go on sale in the Indian market on the 27th June. Pricing for the new-generation litre-class superbike is expected to be in the range of Rs 20 lakh, ex-showroom. Once launched in India, the 2019 BMW S 1000 RR will rival the likes of the Ducati Panigale V4, Yamaha YZF-R1, Kawasaki ZX-10R and the Honda CBR1000RR Fireblade.