- 10 hrs ago Korean Designer Features Hot Water Bath In Car — Where’s The Rest Of The House?
- 10 hrs ago Skoda India Just Rolled Out Its One Hundred Thousandth Rapid — We’re On A Roll!
- 10 hrs ago Weirdest Things Brought To Car Test Drives Includes Snakes & A Horse — Here’s The List
- 11 hrs ago Kia Motors To Officially Unveil The Seltos Tomorrow — Ready For A Power Surprise?
- Sports ICC World Cup 2019: Pant cleared to join India squad at World Cup after Dhawan blow
- News ED arrests two former IL&FS executives in PMLA probe
- Movies DISTURBING! Hrithik Roshan's Sister Sunaina Says, 'My Father SLAPPED Me Because I Love A Muslim Guy'
- Lifestyle International Yoga Day: How To Lose Weight With Yoga
- Technology Xiaomi Teases The Launch Of Its Mi Electric Shaver In India – All You Need To Know
- Finance Bengaluru Enters Top 10 APAC Cities List For Real Estate FDI
- Education SSC CHSL Admit Card 2019 Released For Tier I Examination
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
BMW Motorrad has just launched the new F 850 GS Adventure in the Indian market. The new BMW F 850 GS Adventure is priced at Rs 15.40 lakh, ex-showroom (India). The new F 850 GS Adventure-Tourer comes with a sharper design, while also claiming to be more agile and off-road capable than before.
The new BMW F 850 GS Adventure will be imported into the country as a Completely Built Unit (CBU). The Adventure-Tourer will be available for bookings across all BMW Motorrad dealerships in the country, starting today.
Dr. Hans-Christian Baertels, President (act.), BMW Group India, stated:
"For more than ten years, the GS models in the BMW Motorrad F series have embodied the premium range in the middle class travel and adventure enduro segment. With the launch of the all-new BMW F 850 GS Adventure, we are now expanding the premium BMW Motorrad range in this segment. The all-new F 850 GS Adventure offers travel enduro riders, off-road oriented touring riders and globetrotters the perfect companion for exploring the remote corners of the world by motorcycle."
The F 850 GS Adventure is based on the standard motorcycle, however it does feature a redesigned bodywork. The F 850 GS Adventure is also more off-road oriented than the standard version.
Changes in the bodywork include a larger windshield, wider front 'beak', redesigned radiator shroud, larger luggage rack and engine guards, along with a revised tank panel as well. The BMW F 850 GS Adventure also gets a larger 23-litre tank, compared to the 15-litre tank on the standard model.
The BMW F 850 Adventure comes powered by a 853cc water-cooled parallel-twin cylinder engine producing 90bhp at 8,000rpm and 86Nm at 6,250rpm. It is further mated to a six-speed gearbox.
The BMW F 850 GS Adventure rides on 21-inch front and 17-inch rear spoke wheels. The suspension on the ADV is through 43mm inverted forks up front and a monoshock at the rear, both with pre-load and rebound adjustability. Braking on the BMW F 850 GS Adventure is handled by dual 305mm discs at the front and a single 265mm disc at the rear, supported by a dual-channel switchable ABS.
The feature list on the BMW F 850 GS Adventure includes LED headlamps and tail lights, LED DRLs, dynamic traction control, switchable ABS, cruise control, dynamic ESA, gear shift assist, two riding modes and 6.5-inch TFT display with bluetooth connectivity.
Thoughts On The BMW F 850 GS Adventure
The BMW F 850 GS Adventure is a more off-road equipped version of the standard motorcycle on sale in the country. The BMW F 850 GS Adventure continues to rival the likes of the Kawasaki Versys 650, Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT and the Ducati Multistrada 950 in the Indian market.