- 3 hrs ago Mercedes Developing Heated Seat Belts — Hopes To Motivate People To Use Them
- 3 hrs ago Ssangyong Tivoli Facelift Unveiled In South Korea — Features A New Engine And Tweaked Interiors
- 4 hrs ago Hyundai Venue Bookings Cross The 17000 Mark — India Loves The Korean Bestseller
- 4 hrs ago Skoda Unveils 2020 Superb — Tech Overload
- News 2019 Lok Sabha election results: UP alone sends six Muslim MPs to Parliament, none from the BJP
- Sports Boxing: Mary Kom, Shiva Thapa dominate finals as Amit Panghal fights his way to gold at 2nd India Open
- Movies Prabhas Starrer Saaho's Rumours Have Been Busted; Are The Fans Disappointed?
- Lifestyle Cannes 2019 Diary: Who Looked The Most Flawless At amfAR Gala 2019?
- Finance Ashok Leyland's Q4 Profit Declines 12%; Board Declares Dividend
- Technology Oppo K3 vs other mid-range smartphones with 6GB RAM
- Education HSCAP Allotment Result 2019 Kerala Released
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
In a newly-leaked video, the 2019 Bajaj Dominar's double-barrel exhaust note can be clearly heard. The BS-VI-compliant Dominar is expected to launch in India really soon and Bajaj fans are really looking forward to buying the Duke 390-rival.
The latest video of the Bajaj Dominar 2019, shared by IAmABikerDotCom, shows the motorcycle in what seems to be a rural place somewhere in North India. The crowd is surely excited to see the test mule of the popular Indian sports motorcycle. As for the exhaust note, the double-barrel design has made it bassier than before and sounds quite good for a single-cylinder.
The guy behind the camera has revealed most of the new features introduced in the new model. This includes USD forks, gear-shift indicator and of course, the new exhaust design. Another interesting detail is that on the new Dominar, the front disc brake is on the left, unlike the current version. This is the first time someone has managed to show the 2019 Bajaj Dominar this close.
Ever since its launch, the touring-focussed Bajaj Dominar was accused of having a stiff suspension. Though this helps a lot on the highway, it does not return the best comfort on broken roads. The Dominar you see here might bring some improvements to the suspension department.
Prior to this, the new Dominar was spotted multiple times on Indian roads. The main highlight of the motorcycle is its BS-VI-compliant engine. The Indian government will mandate BS-VI emission norms for vehicles sold from April 1, 2020.
For the same reason, all automotive brands operating in India are busy updating their existing line-up or introducing new products which are compliant to the latest emission norms.
Coming to the specifications, the 2019 Dominar is powered by the same 373cc liquid-cooled single-cylinder engine. In its current format, the power plant makes 34bhp and 35Nm of torque. The output could be slightly varied in the next-generation Dominar.
The engine is mated to a six-speed gearbox via a slipper clutch and is essentially the same unit which powers the KTM 390 Duke. But in the 390, the engine gets a higher compression ratio and churns out an impressive 43.5bhp.
Thoughts On The New Bajaj Dominar's Exhaust Note
Bajaj Auto is yet to announce the exact launch details of the new Dominar. Rumours suggest that the launch might happen in January 2019 itself and the extensive testing going on currently hints to that as well. Now that you've heard the exhaust note of the 2019 Bajaj Dominar, let us know what you think about it in the comment section below.