- 1 day ago Maruti Suzuki S-Presso India Launch Confirmed For The 30th Of September: Details & Specs
- 1 day ago Benling Aura Electric Scooter Launching In September: Will Rival The Ather 450 In India
- 1 day ago Kia Seltos Top Features: Here Are The Key Features Available On The Kia Seltos SUV
- 1 day ago Maruti XL6 Official Accessories Launched: Gets Roof Spoiler, Carpet Mats & More!
- News Irked by UAE's Honour to PM Modi, Pakistan's Senate Chairman cancels visit to Gulf nation
- Lifestyle LFW W/F 2019 Day Four: Disha Patani And Ayushmann Khurrana Create An Interstellar Moment
- Sports Bournemouth 1-3 Manchester City: Aguero reaches 400 career goals as champions go second
- Technology How To Add And Remove Channel Packs Using Tata Sky Mobile App
- Movies Inshallah: Who's Trying To Sabotage Salman Khan's Movie? Theatrical Rights Sold for Rs 190 Crore!
- Finance Gold Scales To Rs. 38,600 On Fed Powell Comments And Grim Trade War Outlook
- Education NTA To Conduct JNU Entrance Test JNUET In May 2020
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
Austrian motorcycle manufacturer will launch the much awaited KTM RC 125 in June 2019. The KTM RC 125 and the KTM Duke 125 feature the same 124.7cc liquid cooled engine. Once launched, the KTM RC125 will be the most affordable RC model in the stable.
According to BikeDekho, sources have confirmed that the entry-level super-sport, the KTM RC 125, will be launched in June 2019. KTM realized the need for the RC 125 after the overwhelming response of the Duke 125. The 'Little Duke' outsold all of it's siblings combined.
The KTM RC 125 was spotted while testing in Pune, and the motorcycle shows one small change from the RC 125 that is available globally. The India spec KTM RC 125 features an underbelly exhaust in comparison to the international version that features a side-mounted exhaust. This may be because of cost factors. While there is no confirmation, the India spec motorcycle may feature the side-mounted exhaust.
The KTM RC 125 will be powered by the same engine that features on the Duke 125, a 124.7cc single cylinder, liquid cooled petrol engine that produces 14.3bhp @ 9,250rpm, and 12Nm of torque @ 8,000rpm. The engine is mated to a 6-speed manual transmission. The RC and Duke 125's sold internationally generate only 0.4bhp more than the India spec versions.
The KTM RC 125 features WP upside-down forks in the front, and a mono-shock at the rear. Braking duties are handled by a 300mm disc in the front that is paired to a radially mounted four-piston caliper, and it features a 230mm disc at the rear. While the motorcycle gets single-channel ABS from the get-go, cornering ABS will be added soon. The motorcycle also features 17-inch alloy wheels.
The KTM RC 125 is expected to be priced at Rs 1.4 lakh, ex-showroom, India. The motorcycle will compete with the Yamaha R15 V3.
Thoughts About The KTM RC 125
KTM is already dominating one part of the sub-200cc segment with the Duke 125. Once launched, they may eventually dominate the sporty segment as well. The RC is one of the best sport-style models available in the country. Good to see KTM expanding the RC line. It's about time!