- 34 min ago MG eZS SUV India Launch Scheduled For Early 2020: Doctor Strange Concurs
- 1 hr ago UM Motorcycles Issued Legal Notice By Dealer Association: UM Lohia & Its Management Involved
- 2 hrs ago Isuzu Opens Sales-Serives-Spares Dealership In Andhra Pradesh
- 2 hrs ago Uber Looks For Multi-Mobility Solutions For Delhi: From e-Rickshaws To Heli-Taxis
- Sports Sourav Ganguly as BCCI Chief: Position in ICC, Day/Night Tests, Domestic cricket structure major challenges for Dada
- Technology Realme Smartphones Will Get Tweaked ColorOS 7 With Stock Android-Like Experience
- Lifestyle 6 Science-backed Health Benefits Of Honeysuckle, Uses And Side Effects
- Movies KBC 11: Expert Fails To Answer Question; Amitabh Bachchan Shoots Karamveer Episode With Hima Das
- News Tamil Nadu govt declares 23 public holidays for 2020
- Finance Govt Approves BSNL-MTNL Merger; Offers Attractive VRS Package To Employees
- Travel 6 Offline GPS Navigation Apps For Android Users
- Education Top 10 Universities In QS India University Rankings 2020
The KTM Duke 125 and the RC 125 now come with a price tag of Rs 1.32 lakh and Rs 1.48 lakh, respectively. Both prices are ex-showroom (Delhi). The exact reason for the increase in prices, however, hasn't been officially announced by the company.
Both motorcycles are powered by the same 124cc single-cylinder liquid-cooled engine. It produces 14.5bhp at 9,250rpm and 12Nm of peak torque at 8,000rpm. The engine is mated to a standard six-speed gearbox.
The KTM Duke 125 and the RC 125 both come with a host of features, equipment and styling elements. The two motorcycles receive updated graphics compared to their bigger siblings, the Duke 200 and RC 200 models.
Equipment list on the KTM Duke 125 and its faired version is also the same. This includes 43mm upside down forks at the front and a mono-shock suspension at the rear. Braking on the two motorcycles are through 300mm and 230mm discs at the front and rear, respectively. The brakes are further supported by a single-channel ABS system as standard on both motorcycles.
Both motorcycles also share the chassis, swingarm and other components from its larger siblings as well. In addition to the equipment list on the Duke 125, its faired sibling additionally receives clip-on handlebars, rear-set footpegs and a sporty riding position.
The KTM RC 125 is available in a single Orange paint scheme. The KTM Duke 125, however is offered with a choice of three colour options: Orange, Black and White.
The company is now preparing for the launch of the much-awaited 790 Duke in the Indian market. The new KTM 790 Duke has already been spied arriving at company dealerships across the country, indicating a launch very soon. The motorcycle is expected to be priced in the Rs 8 lakh to Rs 9 lakh range, ex-showroom.
Thoughts On The KTM Duke 125 & RC 125 Price Hike
The KTM Duke 125 and RC 125 are among the best-selling models for the motorcycle brand in the Indian market. Both motorcycles are extreme on performance and rival products one segment above themselves. This includes the likes of the Yamaha FZ-S, Yamaha YZF-R15, Suzuki Gixxer 155, TVS Apache RTR 160 and the Bajaj Pulsar NS160 in the Indian market.