- 7 hrs ago Geneva Motor Show 2020 Cancelled Due To Coronavirus Alert
- 13 hrs ago Vahan Database To Display Partially Concealed Names Of Vehicle Owners: Ministry Of Transport
- 15 hrs ago Hero Super Splendor BS6 Models Launched In India Starting At Rs 67,300, Ex-Showroom, Delhi
- 1 day ago 2020 TVS Apache RR310 BS6 (First Ride) Review: Crafted To Be More Invisible Than Before
- News Delhi violence: Distress calls unanswered for 48-72 hours, police absent, report reveals
- Movies Gauri Khan Thinks Her Husband Shah Rukh Khan Will Take To Designing Some Day
- Sports Hardik Pandya returns to cricket pitch post back surgery, hits 4 towering sixes in his quickfire knock
- Technology Vivo V19 Official Renders Show Design, Colors And More
- Lifestyle 11 Benefits Of Drinking Water On An Empty Stomach
- Education UPSC Tie-breaking Principals For Civil Services And Other Exams
- Finance India’s Eight Core Industries Grew At 2.2% In January
- Travel March 2020: Indian Festivals And Events Guide
KTM India has finally launched their much-awaited Duke 790 in the country. The new KTM Duke 790 is now available in India with a price tag of Rs 8.63 Lakh, ex-showroom (India). The motorcycle is now the most powerful offering from the brand in the Indian market.
The KTM Duke 790 will be available only in select dealerships across major metros in India. Bookings for the Duke 790 has now started in 9 cities. The motorcycle will be made available in 30 more cities from April 2020. Deliveries for the motorcycle are said to begin soon.
The KTM Duke 790 is powered by a 799cc liquid-cooled parallel-twin engine. It produces 104bhp at 9,000rpm and 87Nm of torque at 8,000rpm, mated to a standard six-speed transmission. With a weight of just 189kg, the Duke 790 offers a power-to-weight ratio of a massive 612bhp per tonne.
The bike offers four riding modes: Rain, Streets, Sports and Track. This is in addition to a host of other rider electronic aids and features. The KTM Duke 790 comes with traction control system, lean angle sensitivity, motor slip regulation, stability control, slipper clutch and two-way quickshifter for clutchless upshifts and downshifts.
Other features on the KTM Duke 790 also include a fully-digital TFT instrument display, LED lighting all around. The motorcycle will also feature launch control and wheelie control as well.
The KTM Duke 790 also comes with a 43mm upside-down forks at the front and a fully-adjustable mono-shock at the rear; both from WP. Braking is handled by dual 300mm discs at the front and a single 240mm disc at the rear, supported by dual-channel ABS as standard. The motorcycle will further ride on 17-inch alloy wheels wrapped in Maxxis Supermaxx ST tyres.
The KTM Duke 790 is imported into India as a CKD (Completely Knocked Down) unit and assembled at Bajaj's plant. It will rival the likes of the Suzuki GSX-S750, Ducati Monster 797, Triumph Street Triple, Yamaha MT-09 and the Kawasaki Z900 in the Indian market.
Thoughts On The KTM Duke 790 Launch In India
The KTM Duke 790 is one of the most-awaited motorcycle launches in the Indian market. The new flagship motorcycle will offer extreme performance while also offering a host of equipment, making it a very attractive offering in the Indian middle-weight motorcycle segment.