- 20 hrs ago 2021 Mahindra XUV500 SUV Spotted Testing Revealing Few Features: Spy Pics & Details
- 1 day ago Maruti Suzuki Jimny Exclusive Production Hub In India: Here Are All Details
- 1 day ago Bajaj Pulsar NS200 Expected To Receive New Colour Scheme: Teased Ahead Of Launch
- 1 day ago Maruti Suzuki WagonR CNG Production Crosses 3 Lakh Unit Mark: New Milestone Achieved
- Education Bhagat Singh Quotes: Top 11 Inspiring Quotes By Bhagat Singh
- Sports Twitter reacts to Tewatia blitz! Yuvi relieved that Tewatia missed one ball
- News Karnataka bandh today over farm bills; Measures taken to ensure normalcy, says govt
- Movies Jayam Ravi's Bhoomi To Go The Direct OTT Way?
- Technology Week 41, 2020 Launch Roundup: OPPO Reno4 SE, Nokia 3.4, Moto E7 Plus, Vivo V20 SE And More
- Finance Sharekhan Places A "Buy" Call On Tech Mahindra
- Lifestyle Nora Fatehi Transforms Herself Into A Barbie Doll Of 2099 And Creates Buzz With Her All-Purple Look
- Travel Best Places To Visit In South India In October
KTM India has confirmed the launch of their new Duke 790 for the Indian market. The new KTM Duke 790 will go on sale in the Indian market on the 23rd September.
The KTM Duke 790 once launched in the market will be the most powerful offering from the brand in the country. The Duke 790 has already been spotted arriving at select dealerships across India.
The motorcycle will not be available across all dealerships, but only certain select ones in each city. Officially, KTM is yet to open bookings for the motorcycle, however, certain dealers have already started accepting bookings for a token amount of Rs 30,000.
The KTM Duke 790 will come with a host of electronic rider aids, features and equipment. This includes a traction control system with lean angle sensitivity, motor slip regulation, stability control, separate track mode and a quickshifter+ for clutchless upshifts and downshifts.
In terms of mechanicals, the KTM 790 Duke will be powered by a 799cc liquid-cooled parallel-twin engine. It produces 104bhp at 9000rpm and 87Nm of peak torque at 8000rpm. It comes mated to a standard six-speed gearbox.
The transmission will also come with a two-way quick-shifter and slipper clutch as standard. The Duke 790 will also offer four riding modes: Sports, Street, Rain and Track.
The KTM Duke 790 uses a steel frame chassis with the engine as a stressed member. The motorcycle uses 43mm WP upside-down front forks and an adjustable mono-shock suspension set up, again from WP. Braking is handled by dual 300mm discs at the front and a single 240mm disc brake at the rear; supported by dual-channel ABS as standard.
The KTM Duke 790 will be imported into the Indian market as a CKD (Completely Knocked Down) unit. It will be assembled at the Kawasaki line at Bajaj's Akurdi plant. Prices for the new KTM Duke 790 is expected to be in the range of Rs 8 lakh to Rs 9 lakh, ex-showroom.
Thoughts On The New KTM Duke 790
The KTM Duke 790 will be the most powerful offering from the brand, once it goes on sale in the Indian market. The new KTM Duke 790 is one of the much-awaited offerings, along with the 390 Adventure in India.
Once launched in the market, the KTM Duke 790 will rival the likes of the Kawasaki Z900, Suzuki GSX-S750, Ducati Monster 797 and the Yamaha MT-09.