- 2 hrs ago Ratan Tata Invests In Electric Two Wheeler Start Up Tork Motors
- 3 hrs ago New (Upcoming) Kia Cars Launches In India: Two Models Confirmed Including Carnival & New Compact-SUV
- 4 hrs ago Hyundai Tucson Extreme Off-Road Video: SUV Gets Stuck & Rescued By Jeep Cherokee
- 5 hrs ago Jawa Anniversary Edition Detailed On Official Video: 90 Units Only
- News Govt in denial: Sitharaman's husband slams Centre over economic slowdown
- Sports Pro Kabaddi League 2019, Eliminator 2: Raiders power U Mumba past Haryana Steelers
- Movies When Jaya Bachchan Teased Amitabh Bachchan By Calling Him Her 'Third Child'
- Technology Oppo A9 2020 Receives Rs. 1,000 Price Cut In India
- Lifestyle Health And Wellness Tips For College Students
- Education Who Is Abhijit Banerjee? 10 Facts About Indian-origin Economist Who Has Won Nobel Prize
- Finance CPI: Retail Inflation Rises To 3.99% In September
- Travel Top 10 Indian Cities For Food Lovers
KTM India has confirmed the launch of their new Duke 790 for the Indian market. The new KTM Duke 790 will go on sale in the Indian market on the 23rd September.
The KTM Duke 790 once launched in the market will be the most powerful offering from the brand in the country. The Duke 790 has already been spotted arriving at select dealerships across India.
The motorcycle will not be available across all dealerships, but only certain select ones in each city. Officially, KTM is yet to open bookings for the motorcycle, however, certain dealers have already started accepting bookings for a token amount of Rs 30,000.
The KTM Duke 790 will come with a host of electronic rider aids, features and equipment. This includes a traction control system with lean angle sensitivity, motor slip regulation, stability control, separate track mode and a quickshifter+ for clutchless upshifts and downshifts.
In terms of mechanicals, the KTM 790 Duke will be powered by a 799cc liquid-cooled parallel-twin engine. It produces 104bhp at 9000rpm and 87Nm of peak torque at 8000rpm. It comes mated to a standard six-speed gearbox.
The transmission will also come with a two-way quick-shifter and slipper clutch as standard. The Duke 790 will also offer four riding modes: Sports, Street, Rain and Track.
The KTM Duke 790 uses a steel frame chassis with the engine as a stressed member. The motorcycle uses 43mm WP upside-down front forks and an adjustable mono-shock suspension set up, again from WP. Braking is handled by dual 300mm discs at the front and a single 240mm disc brake at the rear; supported by dual-channel ABS as standard.
The KTM Duke 790 will be imported into the Indian market as a CKD (Completely Knocked Down) unit. It will be assembled at the Kawasaki line at Bajaj's Akurdi plant. Prices for the new KTM Duke 790 is expected to be in the range of Rs 8 lakh to Rs 9 lakh, ex-showroom.
Thoughts On The New KTM Duke 790
The KTM Duke 790 will be the most powerful offering from the brand, once it goes on sale in the Indian market. The new KTM Duke 790 is one of the much-awaited offerings, along with the 390 Adventure in India.
Once launched in the market, the KTM Duke 790 will rival the likes of the Kawasaki Z900, Suzuki GSX-S750, Ducati Monster 797 and the Yamaha MT-09.