- 1 day ago Maruti Suzuki Eeco Becomes Safer: Receives A Price Increase
- 1 day ago Honda CB Shine BS-VI Engine Specs Leaked: India Launch Expected This Year
- 1 day ago MG Hector 10,000 Units Production Milestone Crossed: 6,000 SUVs Already Delivered
- 1 day ago Triumph Diwali Discount Offers: Festive Benefits Available On Select Models
- News RRB Railways Paramedical Recruitment provisional final list 2019 released: What next
- Movies Bigg Boss Kannada 7 Weekend Updates: None Eliminated; Inmates Emotional As Ravi Belagere Bids Adieu
- Technology Diwali Offer: Buy vivo Smartphones For Rs. 101 Down Payment At Offline Stores
- Sports Tearful Murray soaks up European Open win
- Finance 4 High Interest Rate Fixed Deposits You Can Buy Online
- Lifestyle 7 Sweet And Adorable Things Siblings Do ForEach Other While Growing Up
- Travel 8 Amazing and Affordable Winter Vacation Destinations In India
- Education 5 Things Students Should Know About MHRD Internship Scheme
KTM India has confirmed the launch of their new Duke 790 for the Indian market. The new KTM Duke 790 will go on sale in the Indian market on the 23rd September.
The KTM Duke 790 once launched in the market will be the most powerful offering from the brand in the country. The Duke 790 has already been spotted arriving at select dealerships across India.
The motorcycle will not be available across all dealerships, but only certain select ones in each city. Officially, KTM is yet to open bookings for the motorcycle, however, certain dealers have already started accepting bookings for a token amount of Rs 30,000.
The KTM Duke 790 will come with a host of electronic rider aids, features and equipment. This includes a traction control system with lean angle sensitivity, motor slip regulation, stability control, separate track mode and a quickshifter+ for clutchless upshifts and downshifts.
In terms of mechanicals, the KTM 790 Duke will be powered by a 799cc liquid-cooled parallel-twin engine. It produces 104bhp at 9000rpm and 87Nm of peak torque at 8000rpm. It comes mated to a standard six-speed gearbox.
The transmission will also come with a two-way quick-shifter and slipper clutch as standard. The Duke 790 will also offer four riding modes: Sports, Street, Rain and Track.
The KTM Duke 790 uses a steel frame chassis with the engine as a stressed member. The motorcycle uses 43mm WP upside-down front forks and an adjustable mono-shock suspension set up, again from WP. Braking is handled by dual 300mm discs at the front and a single 240mm disc brake at the rear; supported by dual-channel ABS as standard.
The KTM Duke 790 will be imported into the Indian market as a CKD (Completely Knocked Down) unit. It will be assembled at the Kawasaki line at Bajaj's Akurdi plant. Prices for the new KTM Duke 790 is expected to be in the range of Rs 8 lakh to Rs 9 lakh, ex-showroom.
Thoughts On The New KTM Duke 790
The KTM Duke 790 will be the most powerful offering from the brand, once it goes on sale in the Indian market. The new KTM Duke 790 is one of the much-awaited offerings, along with the 390 Adventure in India.
Once launched in the market, the KTM Duke 790 will rival the likes of the Kawasaki Z900, Suzuki GSX-S750, Ducati Monster 797 and the Yamaha MT-09.