- 15 hrs ago Kia Sonet Interiors Spied With Flat Bottom Steering Wheel Ahead Of India Launch: Spy Pics & Details
- 16 hrs ago Bike Sales Report For March 2020: Bajaj Auto Registers A Massive 55% Decline In Domestic Sales
- 18 hrs ago Husqvarna Svartpilen & Vitpilen 401 Expected To Launch In India This Month
- 19 hrs ago Bike Sales Report For March 2020: Royal Enfield Registers A Massive Decline Amidst Lockdown
- News Mizoram releases 338 prisoners amidst COVID-19 outbreak
- Technology April Super Pink Moon 2020 To Be Brightest: How To Watch Celestial Event
- Movies Shilpa Shetty Writes A Heartfelt Note To Mumbaikars Amidst Coronavirus Lockdown
- Sports Bayern Munich hand Hansi Flick three-year deal
- Lifestyle Why Bats Themselves Don’t Get Infected By Viruses
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Goa In April
- Finance COVID-19: Beware Of Fake UPI IDs While Donating To PM-CARES Fund
- Education ETS Offers At-Home Solutions For TOEFL And GRE Amid Coronavirus Pandemic
KTM has unveiled the 890 Duke R at the ongoing EICMA 2019. The new KTM 890 Duke R is the latest addition to the brand's middle-weight segment offerings. The new KTM 890 Duke R is based on the 790 Duke and is positioned above in the brand's lineup.
The new KTM 890 Duke R carries forward a similar design as its smaller sibling. However, the larger 890 Duke R comes with certain changes, to help differentiate between the two models.
This includes a new white and orange paint scheme, orange-coloured wheel rims and a rear seat cowl as well. The new 890 Duke R also comes with a slightly raised seat height and higher ground clearance than its 790 Duke sibling as well.
The KTM 890 Duke R even carries over all the good bits from the 790 Duke. This includes the design and the electronics package. The 890 Duke comes packed with features such as cornering ABS, traction control, launch control, multiple riding modes and switchable ABS.
Other standard features also include the LED headlamps, LED DRLs, LED tail lights, TFT colour display with Bluetooth connectivity for the smartphone and a host of others.
The new KTM 890 Duke R comes powered by a larger 890cc parallel-twin liquid-cooled engine. It produces 120bhp and 99Nm of torque. This is 15bhp and 14Nm of torque more than the 790 Duke.
The suspension duties on the KTM 890 Duke are through fully-adjustable WP Apex systems at both ends. Braking is handled by Brembo with twin 320mm discs at the front and a single 240mm disc at the rear.
The KTM 890 Duke will go on sale globally in the coming weeks. However, KTM might skip the Indian market for the time being. The Austrian company recently launched the 790 Duke in the Indian market.
The new KTM 790 Duke is currently limited to just 100 units in the country, with KTM re-launching the model once again at a later stage with the BS-VI compliant engine.
KTM also took the opportunity to unveil the 390 Adventure at EICMA 2019. The KTM 390 Adventure is one of the most-awaited motorcycles in the Indian market. KTM is expected to launch the 390 Adventure in India in December during IBW — here are all the details.
Thoughts On The KTM 890 Duke R Unveil
The KTM 890 Duke R can be stated as a 790 Duke on steroids. The new 890 Duke offers extreme performance combined with all the electronic packages one can expect out of a naked streetfighter.