- 1 hr ago Porsche & Boeing Enter Partnership To Develop Premium Electric Flying Cars
- 1 hr ago Yamaha R15 V3.0 Prices Increased In India: Price Hike Only For Standard & Darknight Edition Models
- 1 hr ago New Mahindra Thar (2020) Spied Testing Again Ahead Of Launch: Spy Pics & Details
- 2 hrs ago Maruti XL5 (Premium WagonR) Spied Testing Yet Again: Fresh Details Revealed Ahead Of Launch
- Movies Indian Idol 11: Sa Re Ga Ma Pa L'il Champs Winner Azmat Hussain Reveals He Was Addicted To Drugs
- Lifestyle Aishwarya Rai Bachchan Looks Drop Dead Gorgeous At The Maleficent Mistress Of Evil Trailer Launch
- Technology Apple iPad 2019 Goes On Sale Starting At Rs. 29,900 In India: Price And Offers
- News Haryana sees increase in number of candidates with pending criminal cases
- Sports Virat Kohli one point behind Steve Smith in ICC Rankings; India captain can gain top spot in Ranchi Test against SA
- Finance Should You Get The Rs 1 Crore Life Insurance Cover?
- Travel 8 Most Dangerous Road Routes In India
- Education October 2: Exclusive 150th Birth Eve Mahatma Gandhi Quotes And Views On Education 2019
The KTM 790 Duke is set for its India launch in April 2019. The motorcycle was supposed to be launched in March, but it has now been postponed to the first week of April. The KTM 790 Duke is easily one of the most-awaited motorcycles in the Indian market.
In-fact, motorcycling enthusiasts and prospective customers have been waiting for the motorcycle to be launched here since the time it was first unveiled at the 2017 EICMA motorcycle show in Italy.
However, for reasons unknown, its launch in the Indian market has constantly been postponed. At long last, we now have a confirmed launch in April 2019. In India, the KTM 790 Duke will be brought in via the CKD (completely knocked down) kit route and will then be assembled at the KTM plant in Akurdi, Pune.
According to sources, around 100 units of the motorcycle have already been imported and is currently being used at the manufacturing facility for research and after sales service training. Bits like engine components, suspension, chassis, brakes, etc, will be imported and then assembled in India.
Smaller parts like the switchgear, lights, levers, pedals and wiring will be locally sourced from Indian component manufacturers. It will all however, be compliant with KTM's International standards.
The KTM 790 Duke is powered by a liquid-cooled, 799cc, parallel-twin engine with a maximum power output of 102.5bhp and a peak torque output of 87Nm. This, combined with a low kerb weight of 169kgs gives it blistering performance which has already been proved as the motorcycle set the fastest time for a production motorcycle at the Pikes Peak Hill Climb.
The motorcycle is suspended by a 43mm WP upside-down fork up front and a WP adjustable monoshock at the rear. Braking duties are handled by dual 300mm discs up front and a single 240mm disc at the rear. ABS with supermoto mode is offered as standard equipment.
Thoughts On KTM 790 Duke Launch Confirmed For April 2019
The KTM 790 Duke is one of the meanest, maddest machines out there. Globally, it has won acclaim for its power-to-weight ratio and it will do the same in India too. In our market though, it will earn praise and customers for having the best price-to-power ratio in its segment, thanks to Bajaj and its ability to price motorcycles well.
The KTM 790 Duke is expected to be priced at Rs 7.5 lakh but Bajaj could very well surprise us by going lower as well.