- 9 hrs ago Renault Kwid Facelift Interiors Spied Ahead Of India Launch: Spy Pics & Details
- 10 hrs ago Ather 340 Electric Scooter Discontinued: Here’s Why
- 10 hrs ago TVS NTorq 125 Facelift With LED Headlamp & New Design Teased Through Short Video
- 11 hrs ago Petrol & Diesel Prices In India To Increase Due To Drone Attacks On Saudi Arabian Oil Fields
- Technology Buying Guide: Best Lenovo Android Smartphones In India Right Now
- News What makes temple elephants so popular in India
- Movies Street Dancer 3D: Nora Fatehi Says Varun Dhawan & Shraddha Kapoor Took Her Under Their Wings
- Sports Svitolina through in Guangzhou, Wang crashes out
- Lifestyle Vidya Balan's Shakuntala Devi Poster Look Is About Red Floral Sari And A Bob Hairdo
- Finance Gold And Silver Prices In India Relapse
- Education NIOS Admit Card Released For Class 10 And 12 Sep/Oct 2019 Board Exam
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
The KTM 790 Duke is set for its India launch in April 2019. The motorcycle was supposed to be launched in March, but it has now been postponed to the first week of April. The KTM 790 Duke is easily one of the most-awaited motorcycles in the Indian market.
In-fact, motorcycling enthusiasts and prospective customers have been waiting for the motorcycle to be launched here since the time it was first unveiled at the 2017 EICMA motorcycle show in Italy.
However, for reasons unknown, its launch in the Indian market has constantly been postponed. At long last, we now have a confirmed launch in April 2019. In India, the KTM 790 Duke will be brought in via the CKD (completely knocked down) kit route and will then be assembled at the KTM plant in Akurdi, Pune.
According to sources, around 100 units of the motorcycle have already been imported and is currently being used at the manufacturing facility for research and after sales service training. Bits like engine components, suspension, chassis, brakes, etc, will be imported and then assembled in India.
Smaller parts like the switchgear, lights, levers, pedals and wiring will be locally sourced from Indian component manufacturers. It will all however, be compliant with KTM's International standards.
The KTM 790 Duke is powered by a liquid-cooled, 799cc, parallel-twin engine with a maximum power output of 102.5bhp and a peak torque output of 87Nm. This, combined with a low kerb weight of 169kgs gives it blistering performance which has already been proved as the motorcycle set the fastest time for a production motorcycle at the Pikes Peak Hill Climb.
The motorcycle is suspended by a 43mm WP upside-down fork up front and a WP adjustable monoshock at the rear. Braking duties are handled by dual 300mm discs up front and a single 240mm disc at the rear. ABS with supermoto mode is offered as standard equipment.
Thoughts On KTM 790 Duke Launch Confirmed For April 2019
The KTM 790 Duke is one of the meanest, maddest machines out there. Globally, it has won acclaim for its power-to-weight ratio and it will do the same in India too. In our market though, it will earn praise and customers for having the best price-to-power ratio in its segment, thanks to Bajaj and its ability to price motorcycles well.
The KTM 790 Duke is expected to be priced at Rs 7.5 lakh but Bajaj could very well surprise us by going lower as well.