- 1 hr ago Hyundai Aura Launched Starting At Rs 5.80 Lakh: Bookings Open At Rs 10,000
- 2 hrs ago TVS Star City Plus BS6 Teaser Released: Launch On 25 January
- 4 hrs ago Triumph Rocket 3R Motorcycles Deliveries Begin In India: Currently Available In Eight Cities Only
- 5 hrs ago Ford EcoSport BS6 Models Launched Starting At Rs 8.04 Lakh
- Sports PBL Season 5: Madhya Pradesh’s rising star Priyanshu Rajawat impresses PV Sindhu on Premier Badminton League debut
- News 12,313 bonds worth Rs 6,128.72 crore purchased during 12 sale periods
- Technology Anker launches Soundbuds Verve Wired Earphones For Rs. 1,199 In India
- Movies Amitabh Bachchan’s Chehre Gets New Release Date To Avoid Clash With Gulabo Sitabo
- Lifestyle Hina Khan Looks Refreshing In Her White Dress But Let's Not Ignore That Quirky Accessory
- Finance 5 Best Savings Account With The Best Interest Rates
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Himachal Pradesh In 2020
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
KTM India has showcased the 790 Adventure at India Bike Week 2019. The 790 Adventure is one of the most-awaited KTM models in India. It is a mid-weight adventure-tourer that is capable of munching miles and crossing states and countries without bothering about the road conditions.
It can also be used by expert off-road riders to take on the toughest trails. Well, such a capable machine is bound to be extremely useful in India. Adding to this is the fact that KTM India is looking forward to increase the number of big bikes on sale in India.
Hence, KTM will be launching the 790 Adventure in India next year. It is expected to be launched sometime in the second half of 2020. However, KTM India showcased the motorcycle at India Bike Week to gauge people's reaction. Needless to say, Indian motorcycle enthusiasts at IBW loved the adventure tourer.
The KTM 790 Adventure is based on the 790 Duke that was launched in India back in September 2019. It will be the second KTM motorcycle in India to be powered by a parallel-twin engine.
It is powered by the same 799cc parallel-twin engine as the 790 Duke, but has been tuned differently to address adventure-tourer requirements. It pushes out a maximum power output of 94bhp at 8,250RPM and a peak torque output of 88Nm at 6,600RPM.
Peak torque comes in 1,500RPM lower than in the 790 Duke and max power too has been reduced. A 6-speed gearbox drives the rear wheels. The KTM 790 Adventure has a dry weight of 189 kilograms, which by adventure-tourer standards is still pretty light.
Suspension duties are handled by a 43mm non-adjustable upside-down fork at the front end while the rear features a preload adjustable monoshock, both from WP. It features motorcycle traction control, cornering ABS and four riding modes - Street, Off-Road, Rain & Rally.
The KTM 790 Adventure rides on a spoked 21-inch wheel up front and a spoked 18-inch wheel at the rear, both shod with dual-purpose tyres. The KTM 790 Adventure is expected to be launched with a price tag of around Rs 10-11 lakh (ex-showroom).
Thoughts On KTM 790 Adventure Being Showcased At India Bike Week 2019
The KTM 790 Adventure is one of the most-awaited motorcycles in India ever since it was revealed to international markets last year. Finally, KTM is now showing some enthusiasm to bring it to India.
However, given that the 790 Duke's production will be stopped to make way for the 890 Duke, will the 790 Adventure also be stopped to bring in the 890 Adventure? Only time can tell if we will get the 790 Adventure or the 890. We can guarantee that both will be a hoot to ride.