- 57 min ago TVS Apache RR310 BS6 Is Expected To Launch On 25th Of January
- 2 hrs ago Dakar 2020 Stage 12 Highlights: Ricky Brabec Wins The Rally
- 3 hrs ago Royal Enfield Himalayan BS6 Snapped Undisguised: India Launch Expected In The Coming Days
- 3 hrs ago Bajaj Chetak Electric Scooter Dealership Locations Revealed For Pune & Bangalore
- Sports India A fly past New Zealand XI by 92 runs in a practice match
- Finance Franklin Templeton Mutual Fund Cuts Exposure To Vodafone Idea Papers
- Lifestyle 10 Diet and Fitness Tips For Busy People
- Movies Happy Birthday Javed Akhtar: He Says He Does Not Feel 75, Is Still Totally Involved With Life
- News New death warrant issued for Nirbhaya convicts, likely to be hanged on Feb 1
- Technology Xbox Console Streaming Feature Now Available In India
- Education Tanmatra: A Women Leadership Programme From IIM Bangalore
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Delhi In 2020
KTM India has showcased the 790 Adventure at India Bike Week 2019. The 790 Adventure is one of the most-awaited KTM models in India. It is a mid-weight adventure-tourer that is capable of munching miles and crossing states and countries without bothering about the road conditions.
It can also be used by expert off-road riders to take on the toughest trails. Well, such a capable machine is bound to be extremely useful in India. Adding to this is the fact that KTM India is looking forward to increase the number of big bikes on sale in India.
Hence, KTM will be launching the 790 Adventure in India next year. It is expected to be launched sometime in the second half of 2020. However, KTM India showcased the motorcycle at India Bike Week to gauge people's reaction. Needless to say, Indian motorcycle enthusiasts at IBW loved the adventure tourer.
The KTM 790 Adventure is based on the 790 Duke that was launched in India back in September 2019. It will be the second KTM motorcycle in India to be powered by a parallel-twin engine.
It is powered by the same 799cc parallel-twin engine as the 790 Duke, but has been tuned differently to address adventure-tourer requirements. It pushes out a maximum power output of 94bhp at 8,250RPM and a peak torque output of 88Nm at 6,600RPM.
Peak torque comes in 1,500RPM lower than in the 790 Duke and max power too has been reduced. A 6-speed gearbox drives the rear wheels. The KTM 790 Adventure has a dry weight of 189 kilograms, which by adventure-tourer standards is still pretty light.
Suspension duties are handled by a 43mm non-adjustable upside-down fork at the front end while the rear features a preload adjustable monoshock, both from WP. It features motorcycle traction control, cornering ABS and four riding modes - Street, Off-Road, Rain & Rally.
The KTM 790 Adventure rides on a spoked 21-inch wheel up front and a spoked 18-inch wheel at the rear, both shod with dual-purpose tyres. The KTM 790 Adventure is expected to be launched with a price tag of around Rs 10-11 lakh (ex-showroom).
Thoughts On KTM 790 Adventure Being Showcased At India Bike Week 2019
The KTM 790 Adventure is one of the most-awaited motorcycles in India ever since it was revealed to international markets last year. Finally, KTM is now showing some enthusiasm to bring it to India.
However, given that the 790 Duke's production will be stopped to make way for the 890 Duke, will the 790 Adventure also be stopped to bring in the 890 Adventure? Only time can tell if we will get the 790 Adventure or the 890. We can guarantee that both will be a hoot to ride.