- 51 min ago Ampere Electric Scooter Now Available Online Through Amazon In Selected Cities
- 2 hrs ago Bajaj Chetak Electric Scooter Unveiled In India: ‘Chetak’ Moniker Makes Its Comeback After 14 Years
- 3 hrs ago KTM Duke 790 Registers 41 Units Of Sales Within First 10 Days Of Launch
- 3 hrs ago UP Politician Attempts Using A Gun To Clear Traffic; Gets Roughed Up By The Public
- Sports India lacked mentality to beat Pakistan before Ganguly became captain: Shoaib Akhtar
- Movies Karthi Is Unable To Attend Telugu Promotions Of Kaithi Due To Sulthan's Shoot?
- Lifestyle Pati Patni Aur Woh Poster: Kartik Aaryan, Bhumi Pednekar And Ananya Panday Flaunt Chic Outfits
- News Mamata meets Nobel laureate Abhijit Banerjee's family in Kolkata
- Finance 5 New Changes Made To Health Insurance Policies
- Technology BSNL Users Will Get 4G, VoLTE Support; Will Replace 3G Soon
- Travel Kabini - A Land Beyond The Ordinary
- Education Why Is World Students' Day Celebrated On APJ Abdul Kalam's Birthday?
KTM India is working towards the launch of its first Adventure-tourer offering in the country. This will be the KTM 390 Adventure motorcycle, based on the current 390 Duke model on sale in the market.
Ahead of its expected launch in India, the KTM 390 Adventure has been spied testing multiple times in the country. Now, a fresh spy image from Thrustzone, reveals new details of the upcoming KTM 390 Adventure.
As seen from the spy pic, the upcoming 390 Adventure will come with a number of off-road accessories. The Adv-tourer can be seen with mounting points for the panniers and top box, a tall front visor, engine cowl and large seats. We expect KTM to offer panniers and top box as official accessories for the 390 Adventure as well.
Also, we do notice that the KTM 390 Adventure now offers a more relaxed riding position, compared to the 390 Duke model. The Adv model also comes with a larger fuel tank, all of which aid in long distance riding.
In terms of mechanicals, the KTM 390 Adventure will feature the same powertrain as seen on the 390 Duke. This includes a 373.3cc single-cylinder liquid-cooled engine producing 43bhp and 37Nm of torque and mated to a six-speed gearbox.
However, the engine on the 390 Adventure will be tuned differently to offer more torque in the low and mid-rev range. The six-speed gearbox will also be revised with taller gear ratios, tuned to offer a more relaxed cruise during long-distance riding.
Most of the other components will also be carried forward from the 390 Duke model. This includes the 320mm front and 230mm rear discs, both of which are supported by dual-channel switchable ABS as standard. The KTM 390 Adventure will also feature a slipper clutch for ease in riding.
Thoughts On The KTM 390 Adventure
The Adventure-tourer motorcycle segment in the country is gaining in popularity in India. The KTM 390 Adventure once launched in the country will be positioned in the entry-level Adv segment, rivaling the likes of the BMW G 310 GS and the Royal Enfield Himalayan. The KTM 390 Adventure is expected to be priced slightly higher than the 390 Duke, somewhere in the range of Rs 3 lakh, ex-showroom.