- 18 hrs ago 2020 Hyundai Tucson Bookings Commences — All You Need To Know
- 23 hrs ago Hero Destini 125 BS6 Scooter Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 64,310
- 23 hrs ago Hyundai Verna Facelift Model Unveiled In Russia: India Bound Later This Year
- 24 hrs ago 2020 Ford Figo, Aspire & Freestyle BS6 Models Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 5.39 Lakh
- News Kolkata's iconic double-decker bus set to return to West Bengal roads in new avatar
- Movies Shubh Mangal Jyada Saavdhan Movie Review: Live Audience Reaction On The Ayushmann Khurrana Starrer
- Sports New Zealand vs India, 1st Test, Highlights: Jamieson shines on debut as hosts dominate tourists on Day 1
- Finance Gold Hits 7-Year High As Caronavirus Fears Persist
- Technology Wings Troopers Review: Comfortable Design, Great Performance And More
- Lifestyle Maha Shivratri 2020: Look Your Traditional Best With These Bollywood Divas-Inspired Saris
- Travel Top 6 Places To Visit In India To Observe Maha Shivratri!
- Education CBSE Board Exam: Explore List Of Barred Items And Which Pen To Use In Exam
Kawasaki India has launched the new BS6-compliant Z650 motorcycle in the Indian market. 2020 Kawasaki Z650 BS6 motorcycle is priced between Rs 6.25 lakh and Rs 6.50 lakh, ex-showroom. The new motorcycle will cost around Rs 55,000 more than the previous BS4 model.
The new 2020 Z650 is the second motorcycle to achieve BS-VI compliance from their Indian line-up, after the Z900. The revisions are made to Z650's exhaust and air-box to comply with the upcoming BS6 emission norms in 2020.
The middle-weight naked motorcycle will continue to be powered by the same liquid-cooled, parallel-twin, 649cc engine, which is now made BS-VI complaint. It produces 67.3bhp at 8,000rpm and a peak torque of 65.7Nm at 6,500rpm. The engine will continue to come mated to a six-speed gearbox.
The 2020 Kawasaki Z650 is revised with few design changes and inclusion of new equipment on-board. The new motorcycle features a sharper ‘Sugomi' design with redesigned headlights. It also features a new instrument console in the form of a 4.3-inch TFT screen. The new instrument cluster is also Bluetooth enabled for smartphone pairing. Rider can use Kawasaki's ‘Rideology' smartphone application for added connectivity features.
The BS6 Z650's tyres are now updated to a pair of Dunlop Sportmax Roadsport 2. Apart from the above changes, the motorcycle will carry forward all other mechanicals from the previous model of the Z650.
The Z650 naked motorcycle comes equipped with a 41mm telescopic suspension on the front and a monoshock unit at the rear with preload adjustability. The braking duties are handled by a 300mm petal disc at the front and 220mm unit at the rear, ABS is offered as standard.
The middle-weight sport bike category in India receives its first BS-VI motorcycle. Kawasaki started their BS6 update with the launch of their Z900 Supernaked motorcycle in the country. The new motorcycle is also revised with few feature additions as well — here are more details.
The BS-VI emission norms deadline is set to April 1, 2020. As the deadline is nearing, we are seeing all the manufacturers updated their BS4 models to the new emission compliance. However, Kawasaki seems to have gotten a head start in the premium motorcycle category.
Thoughts About The 2020 Z650 BS-VI Naked Motorcycle Launched In India.
Kawasaki scores well in consumer convenience for launching two BS-VI motorcycles way ahead of the deadline. Also, Japanese manufacturer used the opportunity to update their motorcycles with additional features like Bluetooth enabled smartphone connectivity and are in line with the trend. Kudos Kawasaki!