- 1 day ago Maruti Suzuki S-Presso India Launch Confirmed For The 30th Of September: Details & Specs
- 1 day ago Benling Aura Electric Scooter Launching In September: Will Rival The Ather 450 In India
- 1 day ago Kia Seltos Top Features: Here Are The Key Features Available On The Kia Seltos SUV
- 1 day ago Maruti XL6 Official Accessories Launched: Gets Roof Spoiler, Carpet Mats & More!
- Lifestyle LFW W/F 2019 Day Four: Adah Sharma Leaves Us Speechless With Eccentric Headgear And Pink Tresses
- Sports Bournemouth 1-3 Manchester City: Aguero reaches 400 career goals as champions go second
- News PM Modi arrives in France for G7 Summit, to speak on global issues
- Technology How To Add And Remove Channel Packs Using Tata Sky Mobile App
- Movies Inshallah: Who's Trying To Sabotage Salman Khan's Movie? Theatrical Rights Sold for Rs 190 Crore!
- Finance Gold Scales To Rs. 38,600 On Fed Powell Comments And Grim Trade War Outlook
- Education NTA To Conduct JNU Entrance Test JNUET In May 2020
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
Jawa Motorcycles made a return to India after over a decade and has been in the news very often. One of the three models that are retailing in the country, the Jawa 42, has been very successful. The motorcycle was launched last year, and has been doing it's bit to take on the Royal Enfield 350 series.
Jawa recently launched accessories for their range of bikes so owners can customize their motorcycles, but there are folk who already begun customizing their machines. Pune based Autologue Design has just unveiled the first Jawa 42 based scrambler and what a job they've done!
Nicknamed the Scrambler 42, Autologue Design says the custom job was inspired by the International Six Days Trials styled Jawa known for its off-road capabilities. The Scrambler 42 looks motivated, and theatrical from every angle.
The first thing one notices are the scrambler styled exhaust pipes. Surprisingly, they're stock units that have been worked on. The scrambler styled exhaust pipes give the motorcycle an aggressive ready-to-go look. The motorcycle features aftermarket off-road tyres, and both fenders have been replaced by motocross inspired units.
The headlight assembly has been replaced with face-plates and a headlamp can be mounted whenever needed. The custom saddle features a ribbed pattern and the tan used on it looks gorgeous. There are no visible changes in the foot pegs.
The engine has been finished in black and the gearbox has retained it's original chrome finish. The tank features white and yellow stripes that add a certain amount of ‘sport' if you will. Custom black tank pads have been installed for much needed grip while sliding around a muddy corner.
A red and yellow paint scheme add more character to the Scrambler 42. While there is no information about any engine enhancements, Autologue Design has reduced the weight of the motorcycle through this custom build. Coupled with the new exhaust system makes for better performance.
The stock Jawa 42 is powered by a 293cc, single cylinder, liquid cooled engine that produces 27bhp of power and 28Nm of torque. The engine comes mated to six-speed transmission. The motorcycle retails for Rs 1.55 lakh (ex-showroom, India). We had a quick chat with the lads at Autologue Design and they said the Scrambler 42 cost Rs 1.50 lakh to build.
Thoughts About The Jawa 42 Modified To Look Like A Scrambler
Autologue Design has set the bar really high for future Jawa based mod jobs. We reckon that the motorcycle also features a performance air-filter and may be a re-mapped ECU. Either way, we're thinking of paying these lads a visit shortly. There's so much more to know about this build!