- 11 hrs ago Renault Kiger Launch India Launch Delayed To Next Year: Here Are All Details
- 12 hrs ago BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe India Launch Timeline Revealed: To Rival Mercedes-Benz A-Class
- 14 hrs ago Renault Duster Turbo Review (First Drive): The Best Handling Mid-Size SUV?
- 14 hrs ago Ford Endeavour Basecamp Name Trademarked In India: Here Are All Details
- Movies Drishyam 2 Is An Expensive Project, Reveals Producer Antony Perumbavoor
- Technology Amazon Navratri Festival Sale 2020: Offers On Gadgets
- Sports IPL 2020: David Warner happy with Sunrisers' death bowling against Delhi Capitals
- News US Presidential Debate 2020: Donald Trump in debate prep before faceoff with Joe Biden
- Finance Equity Mutual Funds Giving Out Dividends On Sharp Market Rally
- Education Shekhar Kapur Appointed As President of FTII Society and Chairman of Governing Council of FTII
- Lifestyle Aditi Rao Hydari’s Latest Suit Look Is A Lesson In Traditional-perfection
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Rajasthan In October 2020
Indian Motorcycle have launched the FTR 1200 in the Indian market. The new Indian FTR 1200 is available in two variants: FTR 1200 S and FTR 1200 Race Replica. The two motorcycles are offered with a price tag of Rs 15.99 lakh and Rs 17.99 lakh, respectively. Both prices are ex-showroom (India).
Both variants of the Indian FTR 1200 are scrambler-style motorcycles. The FTR 1200 model is inspired by the brand's FTR 750 flat-track race bike. The FTR 1200 combines the heritage of the old race bike with modern day features and equipment.
In terms of styling, both motorcycles come with minimal bodywork, exposed frame, LED headlamp and tail lamp units, 4.3-inch touchscreen instrument display and an upswept side-mounted exhaust system.
Both the Indian FTR 1200 S and 1200 Race Replica are said to be based on an all-new platform, which will be used for future models as well, including naked street-fighters as well.
In terms of mechanicals, both the FTR 1200 S and FTR 1200 Race Replica will be powered by the same engine. This includes a 1203cc liquid-cooled V-twin motor producing 120bhp and 112.5Nm of torque. It will be mated to a six-speed gearbox.
The suspension is handled by 43mm inverted forks at the front and a fully-adjustable Piggyback IFP suspension set-up at the rear. Braking on the two motorcycles is through dual 320mm discs at the front and a single 265mm disc at the rear.
The two motorcycles will also feature a number of electronic rider aids such as ABS, traction control, cruise control, six-axis Inertial Measurement Unit (IMU), Bosch stability control and multiple riding modes.
The two motorcycles were introduced in the Indian market last December, with the prices for each of the model also being announced. However, the launch of the two models in the Indian market was delayed. Bookings for the two motorcycles have now begun for an amount of Rs 2 lakh, with deliveries said to begin soon.
Thoughts On The Indian FTR 1200 S & 1200 Race Replica Motorcycles Launch
The Indian FTR 1200 S & 1200 Race Replica have been inspired by the iconic FTR 750 Scout flat-track race bike. The two motorcycles have no direct rivals in the Indian market, however it will take on the likes of the BMW Nine T Scrambler and the Triumph Scrambler in the market.