- 1 day ago Tata Motors Announces Discounts & Benefits Of Up To Rs 1.50 Lakh On Select Models
- 1 day ago Renault BS-VI Turbo-Petrol Engines Confirmed For India: Will Feature On The Duster & Captur SUVs
- 1 day ago KTM Increases Prices Of The Duke 125 & RC 125 Models In India
- 1 day ago Piaggo Hikes Prices Of Vespa & Aprilia Scooters In India: Also Offers Other Festive Benefits
- News Engineering Jobs: POWERGRID announces Executive Trainee vacancies; How to apply
- Movies WHAAT? Salman Khan's LIP-LOCK Scenes With Alia Bhatt Lead To Indifference Between Him & Mr Bhansali?
- Sports Pro Kabaddi League 2019: Match 94: Telugu Titans Vs Dabang Delhi: Dream 11 Prediction, Fantasy Tips
- Lifestyle Microcytic Anemia: Symptoms, Causes, Risk Factors, Treatment, And Prevention
- Technology Tata Sky On WhatsApp: Check Balance, Add Packs And More
- Finance Govt Employees Will Get Housing Advance At Lower Interest Rates
- Education HSSC Clerk Admit Card 2019 Released
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
Indian Motorcycle have launched the FTR 1200 in the Indian market. The new Indian FTR 1200 is available in two variants: FTR 1200 S and FTR 1200 Race Replica. The two motorcycles are offered with a price tag of Rs 15.99 lakh and Rs 17.99 lakh, respectively. Both prices are ex-showroom (India).
Both variants of the Indian FTR 1200 are scrambler-style motorcycles. The FTR 1200 model is inspired by the brand's FTR 750 flat-track race bike. The FTR 1200 combines the heritage of the old race bike with modern day features and equipment.
In terms of styling, both motorcycles come with minimal bodywork, exposed frame, LED headlamp and tail lamp units, 4.3-inch touchscreen instrument display and an upswept side-mounted exhaust system.
Both the Indian FTR 1200 S and 1200 Race Replica are said to be based on an all-new platform, which will be used for future models as well, including naked street-fighters as well.
In terms of mechanicals, both the FTR 1200 S and FTR 1200 Race Replica will be powered by the same engine. This includes a 1203cc liquid-cooled V-twin motor producing 120bhp and 112.5Nm of torque. It will be mated to a six-speed gearbox.
The suspension is handled by 43mm inverted forks at the front and a fully-adjustable Piggyback IFP suspension set-up at the rear. Braking on the two motorcycles is through dual 320mm discs at the front and a single 265mm disc at the rear.
The two motorcycles will also feature a number of electronic rider aids such as ABS, traction control, cruise control, six-axis Inertial Measurement Unit (IMU), Bosch stability control and multiple riding modes.
The two motorcycles were introduced in the Indian market last December, with the prices for each of the model also being announced. However, the launch of the two models in the Indian market was delayed. Bookings for the two motorcycles have now begun for an amount of Rs 2 lakh, with deliveries said to begin soon.
Thoughts On The Indian FTR 1200 S & 1200 Race Replica Motorcycles Launch
The Indian FTR 1200 S & 1200 Race Replica have been inspired by the iconic FTR 750 Scout flat-track race bike. The two motorcycles have no direct rivals in the Indian market, however it will take on the likes of the BMW Nine T Scrambler and the Triumph Scrambler in the market.