- 12 hrs ago Tata Altroz Premium Hatchback Teased Ahead Of Its July Debut
- 14 hrs ago BMW X7 India-Launch Date Confirmed — The First-Ever 7-Seater Beemer Will Soon Be Available In India
- 14 hrs ago Government Gives Manufacturers Just 14 Days To Come Up With Roadmap For EV Development
- 16 hrs ago New Kia Seltos Video Released With Tiger Shroff As Brand Ambassador — Watch The Video Here!
- News Is India doing enough to tackle vehicular pollution?
- Sports ICC World Cup 2019: England v Australia: Morgan's men look for response after Sri Lanka setback
- Movies Kabir Singh Box Office Fourth Day Collection: Shahid Kapoor In A Celebration Mode
- Technology Realme Smartphone With 64MP Camera Sensor On Cards – What To Expect
- Lifestyle Eat These Vitamin D-rich Foods For Improved Immunity & Bone Health
- Finance IT Dept Issued Refunds Worth Rs 64,700 Cr From April To 18 June 2019
- Education Looking For Career In Management? Explore Why BBA MBA Integrated Course Is Best After Class 12
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
Yamaha Motors India Pvt Ltd. announced the production achievement of 10 million units in India. Yamaha India achieved this feat since it began its operations in India in 1985. The company's three manufacturing facilities (Surajpur, Faridabad and Chennai) contributed to this achievement.
The 10 millionth product to rolled out was Yamaha's best-selling motorcycle model, the FZ S FI Version 3.0, and it rolled out from the company's Chennai plant. Present at the event were senior management members from Yamaha Motor Company Ltd., Japan, Yamaha Motor India Group of Companies, Mitsui & Company Ltd., Vendor park companies, employees and employee representatives.
Eighty percent of the 10 million units were manufactured at Yamaha's Surajpur and Faridabad facilities, and the remaining were produced at the company's Chennai facility.
Mr. Motofumi Shitara, Chairman, Yamaha Motor India Group of Companies, said, " The journey for Yamaha has been quite exciting all these years. We have received phenomenal response from our customers from across the country. This landmark achievement is a testimony of our growing popularity and demand for our products which are exciting, stylish and sporty."
"This would not have been possible without the support of our employees, dealer partners, suppliers and vendors. They have played a key role and have extended their support throughout in line with the company's business direction to achieve this important milestone. Going forward, we will continue to excite our customers and empower their lives through world class products and services." he added.
In its 34 year journey from 1985 to 2019, Yamaha has witnessed many landmark moments. The first was in 1999 when the Surajpur factory hit the '1 Million units produced' milestone. Thirteen years later in 2012, the '5 Million units produced' milestone was achieved.
Another milestone was achieved in 2016 when Yamaha India reached the '1 Million units produced for its scooters in India. Now, 7 years later, the company has successfully achieved the '10 Million units produced' mark.
Yamaha's Chennai facility has played a key role in production strategy. With a production capacity of 4.5 lakh units in 2015, upped to 9 lakh units in 2019, the Chennai facility is the largest production house between the three facilities Yamaha has in India.
Yamaha also announced another major accomplishment of 5 million units produced over the last seven years, between 2012 & 2019. Scooter production contributed to 44 percent of the overall production.
Thoughts About The Milestone Yamaha Has Achieved
Brilliant! Yamaha is possibly the largest manufacturer of two-wheelers globe over and to achieve this feat in India is a big big thing. The Indian consumer is demanding and Yamaha always delivers. Odds seems to be great for Yamaha, 1985, 34, 13, and 7. There's only one even number that has done wonders for Yamaha, and that is a certain number 46.