- 5 hrs ago Spy Pics: Hyundai i20 To Feature Sunroof, New Alloy Wheels, And More
- 6 hrs ago Delhi Odd Even Scheme: To Be Extended If Needed Says Arvind Kejriwal
- 6 hrs ago Toyota Mobility Foundation Partners With WRI For New Mobility Solution In India
- 8 hrs ago Tata Inaugurates Advance Power Systems Engineering Tech Center At Pune
- News Clear revenue share dues as per SC order: Telecom firms told
- Technology Motorola Sales Declined By 71% During The Last Financial Year: Report
- Movies Priyanka Chopra and Nick Jonas Spend Big Bucks On Real Estate For Their Home In LA
- Sports Tigresses and Lionesses setup final clash after recording thumping wins on Day 2
- Lifestyle Laziness Can 'Really' Kill You, Reports Study
- Finance Retail Inflation At 16-Month High In Oct; Breaches RBI's Target Of 4%
- Travel Kalady – The Land Of Holy Shrines
- Education Children's Day Essay: Top 5 Ideas To Write An Essay On Children's Day
The second season of the IDEMITSU Honda India Talent Hunt 2019 has arrived in Bangalore. The program offers a chance for budding riders to explore national and international racing opportunities.
The IDEMITSU Honda India Talent Hunt is a very unique initiative by the brand to identify young racing talent in the country. The 2nd season of the Talent Hunt program started off in Chennai earlier this year and has now arrived in Bangalore. The initiative helps recognise next-gen racing talent in the country among youngsters as early as 12 years of age.
Once the young racers are identified, they are then groomed to become among the best riders in the country. This further allows them a chance to start a racing career and participate in both national and international championships.
As part of the grooming, all budding riders first go through three-levels of intensive testing. This includes physical fitness, race orientation along with riding skill tests on the track and finally a one-on-one interview. The final interview round will be between both the candidates and the parents/guardians to understand the level of passion and family support involved.
Top candidates from this Phase-I of tests will then be given an opportunity to ride on the track as part of Phase-II. The best of the riders from Phase-II will be selected by Honda for future development. These finalists picked by Honda will then receive the opportunity to participate in the 2020 Honda Talent Cup CBR 150R category.
The recently concluded round in Bangalore saw an overwhelming response from 26 budding racers. These young candidates were from various locations including Gadag, Malappuram (Kerala), Hyderabad, Vellore, Coimbatore, Patna, Karaikal, Hubli and Ariyalur; among others. With Chennai and Bangalore done, the IDEMITSU Honda India Talent Hunt 2019, will move to 3 more cities in India to find more young racing talents.
Prabhu Nagaraj, Vice President, Brand & Communication, Honda Motorcycle and Scooter India Pvt. Ltd. stated:
"The 2019 racing season was extremely successful for team Honda. 19 young talent which we got from last year showed phenomenal results. Breaking the fastest lap time record at MMRT on 250cc, 15-year-old Md. Mikail won the NSF250R cup and also represents Honda on an international platform along with Kritik Habib. Whereas, the Aizawl find Lal Nunsanga won the CBR150R cup."
"Further continuing our hunt to find the next racing sensation, we started the second edition of IDEMITSU Honda India Talent Hunt from Chennai and have already shortlisted 3 riders. Moving ahead with this round in Bangalore, we are delighted to see the passion towards motorsports among these young participants. I am confident that these budding riders will change the scenario of motorsports in India and make the nation proud at the international podiums as well."
Thoughts On The IDEMITSU Honda India Talent Hunt 2019
The IDEMITSU Honda India Talent Hunt 2019 is a great initiative by the brand to find, groom and provide opportunities to young budding racers, to explore a career in racing in national and international championships. The Talent Hunt is currently in its second season, visiting five major cities across India and finding talent for 2020.