- 2 hrs ago KTM RC 125, RC 200 & RC 390 Launched In New Colours: Prices & Other Details
- 3 hrs ago Tata Nexon To Get New Grille Design Soon: Details Leaked Ahead Of Launch
- 4 hrs ago 2020 Mahindra Thar Bookings & Launch Timeline Revealed: Teaser Video
- 1 day ago 2021 Mahindra XUV500 SUV Spotted Testing Revealing Few Features: Spy Pics & Details
- Technology Vodafone-Idea Upgrading 3G Users To 4G Network To Bring Faster Internet Speed
- News NIA court sentences to life ISIS terrorist in Omar Al-Hindi case
- Movies Dino Morea On Nepotism In Film Industry: You Have To Slog Whether You Are An Insider Or Outsider
- Finance ITC Trades Higher Even As Maharashtra Bans Sale Of Loose Cigarettes, Beedis
- Sports Ashok Dinda to play for Goa in upcoming domestic season
- Lifestyle Tamannaah Bhatia’s Yellow Saree And Minimal Jewellery Avatar Is The Festive Look Inspiration We Need
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Himachal Pradesh In October 2020
- Education Supreme Court Decision On UPSC Civil Services Exam 2020, Check Latest News
The second season of the IDEMITSU Honda India Talent Hunt 2019 has arrived in Bangalore. The program offers a chance for budding riders to explore national and international racing opportunities.
The IDEMITSU Honda India Talent Hunt is a very unique initiative by the brand to identify young racing talent in the country. The 2nd season of the Talent Hunt program started off in Chennai earlier this year and has now arrived in Bangalore. The initiative helps recognise next-gen racing talent in the country among youngsters as early as 12 years of age.
Once the young racers are identified, they are then groomed to become among the best riders in the country. This further allows them a chance to start a racing career and participate in both national and international championships.
As part of the grooming, all budding riders first go through three-levels of intensive testing. This includes physical fitness, race orientation along with riding skill tests on the track and finally a one-on-one interview. The final interview round will be between both the candidates and the parents/guardians to understand the level of passion and family support involved.
Top candidates from this Phase-I of tests will then be given an opportunity to ride on the track as part of Phase-II. The best of the riders from Phase-II will be selected by Honda for future development. These finalists picked by Honda will then receive the opportunity to participate in the 2020 Honda Talent Cup CBR 150R category.
The recently concluded round in Bangalore saw an overwhelming response from 26 budding racers. These young candidates were from various locations including Gadag, Malappuram (Kerala), Hyderabad, Vellore, Coimbatore, Patna, Karaikal, Hubli and Ariyalur; among others. With Chennai and Bangalore done, the IDEMITSU Honda India Talent Hunt 2019, will move to 3 more cities in India to find more young racing talents.
Prabhu Nagaraj, Vice President, Brand & Communication, Honda Motorcycle and Scooter India Pvt. Ltd. stated:
"The 2019 racing season was extremely successful for team Honda. 19 young talent which we got from last year showed phenomenal results. Breaking the fastest lap time record at MMRT on 250cc, 15-year-old Md. Mikail won the NSF250R cup and also represents Honda on an international platform along with Kritik Habib. Whereas, the Aizawl find Lal Nunsanga won the CBR150R cup."
"Further continuing our hunt to find the next racing sensation, we started the second edition of IDEMITSU Honda India Talent Hunt from Chennai and have already shortlisted 3 riders. Moving ahead with this round in Bangalore, we are delighted to see the passion towards motorsports among these young participants. I am confident that these budding riders will change the scenario of motorsports in India and make the nation proud at the international podiums as well."
Thoughts On The IDEMITSU Honda India Talent Hunt 2019
The IDEMITSU Honda India Talent Hunt 2019 is a great initiative by the brand to find, groom and provide opportunities to young budding racers, to explore a career in racing in national and international championships. The Talent Hunt is currently in its second season, visiting five major cities across India and finding talent for 2020.